Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomu Yamashta - any fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I follow you here. He was/is very much an instrumentalist, to such a degree that even a capacity like esteemed Japanese contemporary composer Toru Takemitsu wrote pieces specifically intended for Stomu to perform.
    He wasn't the only one. Aram Katchaturian Hans Werner Henze and John Cage seem to have done as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Order especially "Raindog" today. Above there's a stream of the complete album. You won't regret it. If you happen to don't like it at all, I'll refund you the money.
    Just received "Raindog" and listening now. This might end up being near the top for me. Thanks for the rec!

This "GO" album featuring a hodge podge of classic seventies prog rockers to me is an amazing piece of work.

I love both the cover art and the recording as stomu takes me on a visual and mental journey.

I find this album guilty of being a hugely underated gem from a relatively unknown artist.

I am really impressed with the help Stomu the artist got to record with him as he got worldly famous guest's such as Steve Winwood ex Traffic and AL D and Mike Shrive ex Santana and of course Klause ....

10 of 10 for this release.....

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FredOCal View Post
    Just received "Raindog" and listening now. This might end up being near the top for me. Thanks for the rec!
    haha great. Thanks for following the advice. Now get Freedom is Frightening too! It's short, but splendid!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEPPELIN4EVER View Post
    This "GO" album featuring a hodge podge of classic seventies prog rockers to me is an amazing piece of work.
    10 of 10 for this release.....
    Yeah that was one of those "gems" you found by accident in the record bins.. I bought it strictly based on the names associated with it.. Then when I found the double live album..
    I was in heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    He wasn't the only one. Aram Katchaturian Hans Werner Henze and John Cage seem to have done as well.
    I didn't know he had major composers writing for him. I'm a huge fan of Henze and Takemitsu. Very different composers, but both wrote wonderful and challenging music.