Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Japanese Rock...Prog or Not...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Casiopea is one of those bands that are a big time guilty pleasure. Total cheesy “Weather Channel music,” but I don’t know, they are just so irresistible. Big time chops mixed in with sugar-sweet melodies is a devastating combination. “Asayake” is one of those songs I never get sick of. They put on a great live show (keyboardist Minoru Mukaiya in particular is a real showman), so I recommend checking out some of their videos.

Beware, though, it’s a slippery slope from Casiopea into the currently quite trendy City Pop genre. If this leads you into the likes of Tatsuro Yamashita and Taeko Ohnuki, don’t blame me. Or, I don’t know, totally blame me. Just don’t do so violently.

Casiopea always scared me with their huge catalog. Would not know where to start and where to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Casiopea always scared me with their huge catalog. Would not know where to start and where to end.
    There was a lot of overlap on those early albums. Lots of recording and re-recording of tracks. A lot of their most popular “hits” can be found on their first three studio discs—the self-titled debut, Super Flight and Make Up City, so maybe try those. (My vote is for Super Flight if only for “Asayake”)
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Casiopea is one of those bands that are a big time guilty pleasure. Total cheesy “Weather Channel music,” but I don’t know, they are just so irresistible. Big time chops mixed in with sugar-sweet melodies is a devastating combination. “Asayake” is one of those songs I never get sick of. They put on a great live show (keyboardist Minoru Mukaiya in particular is a real showman), so I recommend checking out some of their videos.
    Any idea why they called the band Casiopea 3rd from 2012 on until now?