Thread: HERD OF INSTINCT Plays ProgDay 2013!

HERD OF INSTINCT Plays ProgDay 2013!

HERD OF INSTINCT Plays ProgDay 2013!

"The influences...well...look no further than the opening track 'Praxis' and you'll find 40 years of UK Prog and French exploration (in particular Crimso and Heldon) assembled into a melting pot that makes you gasp at its breadth and stature, quality and cohesion."
    - DEAD EARNEST (UK)

Drawing its inspiration from wide-ranging sources that include multi-cultural music, literary clues, horror and cinematic film scores, rock, avant-garde, electronic, prog, and psychedelic music, HERD OF INSTINCT creates a style that is all its own. The Texas band began in 2007 and has since released two albums on DJAM KARET's indie label Firepool Records. Though normally performing as a trio, for it's ProgDay performance the band will expand to a quartet to better capture the complexities of the studio recordings. HERD OF INSTINCT will be featuring material from the new 2013 release Conjure.

HERD OF INSTINCT (US) will join MIRIODOR (Canada), SOUND OF CONTACT (US), THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Hooray!!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I'm happy for you all. Burn that mutha down!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

I almost wet myself when I saw this announcement.
    The weekend just keeps getting more and more amazing looking.

Jefferson James
    This is awesome! Congrats to the Herders!

Great news guys!

All -

The response to the ProgDay ticket sale has been very strong! Since we opened the advance-sale a bit early this year our tickets are still at the printer but should be available for mailing within a few days. I do have the names of all folks who have ordered advance-sale tickets through both PayPal and personal check and I'll send these tickets out as soon as received.

We look forward to seeing our friends return to the Storybook Farm field and to meeting a number of new festival attendees. With heartfelt thanks to everyone for your support of ProgDay!

Debi

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    The response to the ProgDay ticket sale has been very strong!
    Good to hear, Debi. Looking forward to it all.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

All -

The tickets have been received from the vendor, today. During the next week, I will mail all advance-sale tickets to everyone who has ordered via PayPal or personal check.

Greatly appreciate your patience!

Debi

HOI will be playing lots of cuts off their new album Conjure next week at Storybook Farm. The actual song titled Conjure, however never made it on to the album.

https://soundcloud.com/mark-cook-8/conjure