Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOON SAFARI new album DIGITAL PREORDER

MOON SAFARI new album DIGITAL PREORDER

Hey guys, I've set up a Bandcamp that contains all of our older efforts as well as a preorder for the digital version of ”Himlabacken vol. 1”.
    Most of you will probably wait and buy the physical copy but if you want the album on august 21st already this is the way to go

http://moonsafari.bandcamp.com/

Thanks Tobias! A new album form Moon Safari is ALWAYS welcome!
    "Life Is Like A Pencil: It gets shorter the longer you use it,
    you can only erase so many mistakes, and ofter it's pointless"

I just might buy this.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I just might buy this.
    Really? I've heard you HATE cheerful harmonies!

Order in already! Roll on August 21!

Old man of prog
    Thank you Tobias. I ordered digital copy for $10. Can't wait!

Done and done and done. Can't wait!

I'm guessing there will be an extra track on the Japanese issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hamer View Post
    I'm guessing there will be an extra track on the Japanese issue?
    Yeah but we can't sell those digitally since the japanese label have a one year exclusivity on them.

I've now added "A Kid Called Panic" as a free download on Bandcamp up until the release of "Himlabacken" on August 21st.

If you have friends or/and family who might be interested in our music, tell them to go to this link and download the track: http://moonsafari.bandcamp.com/track/a-kid-called-panic

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty much all downloads these days so I'm on it like a car bonnet!
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

Guess I will wait till the physical product will be available... I would switch to digital only when there is no other option left.
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Tobias, will there be a 96/24 hi-res download of the new album?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Z View Post
    Tobias, will there be a 96/24 hi-res download of the new album?
    I'm not really down with the technical lingo so what does that imply? Bandcamp downloads are lossless wav- flac- or aif-files. The same files we sent to the people printing the album. Don't know if that answers your question. Is there a higher quality?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    I'm on it like a car bonnet!
    Never heard that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Azol View Post
    I would switch to digital only when there is no other option left.
    God NO! What the hell am I gonna do without CDs???!!!

They say it is coming.......

Excellent news Tobias! I hope this jumps to #1 - I too, will get the digital copy, but eventually I will have to have the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Excellent news Tobias! I hope this jumps to #1 - I too, will get the digital copy, but eventually I will have to have the CD.
    Yes, unfortunately for the US residents we messed up, worked too slow and missed the setup deadline for a september release. That's why the official release date of the physical album in the US is oct 1st instead of sep 1st like in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias / Moon Safari View Post
    I'm not really down with the technical lingo so what does that imply? Bandcamp downloads are lossless wav- flac- or aif-files. The same files we sent to the people printing the album. Don't know if that answers your question. Is there a higher quality?
    Yes, there's higher quality. Usually recordings are released on CD, which has 44.1 KHz sampling frequency with 16-bit depth. However, the actual recordings and mixing is usually done with better quality - 96 KHz sampling frequency with 24-depth - and then "mixed down" to 44.1/16. On good systems, the 96/24 version just sounds better than the "CD" mix. Several bands have released 96/24 latest albums on Bandcamp (e.g. the latests Spock's Beard, Big Big Train).

I'll take your reply as a "no" though...

Yes, there's higher quality. Usually recordings are released on CD, which has 44.1 KHz sampling frequency with 16-bit depth. However, the actual recordings and mixing is usually done with better quality - 96 KHz sampling frequency with 24-depth - and then "mixed down" to 44.1/16. On good systems, the 96/24 version just sounds better than the "CD" mix. Several bands have released 96/24 latest albums on Bandcamp (e.g. the latests Spock's Beard, Big Big Train).

I'll take your reply as a "no" though...
    Well... I really don't know. This is the wav files we got from Jonas Reingold and sent to the printers. Do they mix it down or is it already mixed down? I don't know actually since I haven't talked to Jonas about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias / Moon Safari View Post
    Well... I really don't know. This is the wav files we got from Jonas Reingold and sent to the printers. Do they mix it down or is it already mixed down? I don't know actually since I haven't talked to Jonas about it
    I think that Jonas gave you 44.1/16 as that's "standard" - he would have told you if the files would be 96/24. He might be able to give you a 96/24 mix if you ask for it though.

However, the actual recordings and mixing is usually done with better quality - 96 KHz sampling frequency with 24-depth - and then "mixed down" to 44.1/16.
    While I worked at a commercial recording studio (Westlake Audio) I was surprised to see many engineers recording at 44.1 kHz.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Usually recordings are released on CD, which has 44.1 KHz sampling frequency with 16-bit depth. However, the actual recordings and mixing is usually done with better quality - 96 KHz sampling frequency with 24-depth - and then "mixed down" to 44.1/16. On good systems, the 96/24 version just sounds better than the "CD" mix. Several bands have released 96/24 latest albums on Bandcamp (e.g. the latests Spock's Beard, Big Big Train).
    Interesting; so it is actually better to download at 24 bit than to buy a cd (quality wise)?

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by Clepsydra View Post
    Interesting; so it is actually better to download at 24 bit than to buy a cd (quality wise)?
    Yes.

Fantastic - I don't often pre-order stuff, and much less a "mere" download. But I have duly gone and pre-ordered Moon Safari. Over the last year and a bit I have grown so fond of this band's music, that I don't mind buying a download AND a CD.

High-priced Japanese editions might be a bit unlikelier though... ;-)