Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chateau D'Isaster Tapes Sound Quality?

yes the night cap CD is way better and has the whole session on it and it sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by FSTDRMR View Post
    yes the night cap CD is way better and has the whole session on it and it sounds good to me
    Nightcap doesn't have the whole session on it. It's missing about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    It's quite telling about the quality of Ian Anderson's writing when an unfinished and sonically inferior album is causing all this excitement for us. Viva Tull!
    Well, the excitement is in relation to the era it came from. We're talking about the "lost album" between Thick As A Brick and A Passion Play. If this "unfinished album" was something that was meant to be the followup to, let's say Under Wraps, then I don't think anyone would be jumping up and down about it.

I gave the Nightcap disc another listen after seeing this thread. I had forgotten that the sound was kind of funky (I had made notes on a postit to boost the bass considerably), but I imagine a lot of the qualities of this recording are "permanent", especially a lot of the overdone effects on the vocals and instruments. It'll be interesting to hear what they come up with; I'll bet there will be some newly-recorded stuff mixed in, hopefully not as radical as Peter Gabriel's infamous re-recorded vocals on the live Lamb and Supper's Ready.