Thread: RIP Peppi Marchello of The Good Rats

RIP Peppi Marchello of The Good Rats

http://www.longisland.com/news/07-11...-has-died.html

Died a few weeks after having open heart surgery. Local Long Island, NY band for those not in the know, released their first album in 1969. Saw them open for Rush at Nassau Coliseum on the Hemispheres tour and I may have been one of the few people in the audience who was a fan of both bands.

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Sad news..they are always present on my Ipod mixes..Was fortunate enough to see the original lineup twice in the 70's (one of the times they opened for Styx), and just saw Peppi' s line up with his sons at the Great South bay Music Festival 2 years ago and even finally caught a rat!!! RIP...

Damn! Best bat player ever! Saw him & the Rats numerous times in my youth at many a Long Island club.

RIP Peppi, "Rats" rule!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I saw them warm-up for Mountain in '74/75? in Asbury Park, NJ. Can't really recall what their music sounded like though.

Banned
    Such a unique and fun band, the Good Rats. Very sorry to hear this. RIP, Peppi.

RIP Peppi...

Saw the Rats many times in the late 70s.
    Great band, fab vocals and terrific twin guitar work, not mention great dynamic tunes.

Tasty ,from start to finish is there best album.

I would put it up there with 70s hard rock classics like Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies and Boc's Tyranny & Mutation.

Try it, you'll like it!
    Last edited by nosebone; 07-11-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Twin guitar attack! Perhaps their proggiest...

You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

What a bummer. I never did get to see them even though they played central/western NY alot.

My favorite rock anthem, Don't Hate the Ones Who Bring You Rock n Roll

JG

"MARKLAR!"

Sad to hear this. I never got to see them live, but always loved Tasty and Live At Last. RIP Peppi