Thread: Will we ever see Let it Be released in a DVD format?

Will we ever see Let it Be released in a DVD format?

Just reading an interview with Paul from 2008 and he's quoted ....

- And then there’s the “Let It Be” DVD everyone’s waiting for.

All these things will happen it time because you just can’t do it all at once. We are preparing these things, there’s work that people have done, but I just don’t want to flood everyone with THE BEATLES’ products. I think it’s a question of releasing things in a long time. But that will come!

Good bit of the footage IIRC ended up on Anthology.

According to Wikipedia:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    An anonymous industry source told the Daily Express in July 2008 that, according to Apple insiders, McCartney and Starr blocked the release of the film on DVD. The two were concerned about the effect on the band's "global brand ... if the public sees the darker side of the story. Neither Paul nor Ringo would feel comfortable publicising a film showing The Beatles getting on each other's nerves ... There's all sorts of extra footage showing more squabbles but it's unlikely it will ever see the light of day in Paul and Ringo's lifetime."[43]
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 07-11-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Maybe that's in the "all sorts of extra footage showing more squabbles" they talk about. I can understand Paul's & Ringo's point -- LIB is hardly the high point of the band.