Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting recent 10cc interview

Quote Originally Posted by itserik View Post
    What is "the" classic 10cc album for the uninitiated?
    Most would say Original Soundtrack, but I say it's Sheet Music. The "classic era" either runs through the next album, How Dare You or its followup, Deceptive Bends-- I'd include the latter even though it's post Godley/Creme).

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Most would say Original Soundtrack, but I say it's Sheet Music. The "classic era" either runs through the next album, How Dare You or its followup, Deceptive Bends-- I'd include the latter even though it's post Godley/Creme).
    I agree. Really, the trilogy of Sheet Music, Soundrack and How Dare You all have moments of brilliance and a few duds. Deceptive Bends is a step down, but it has the fantastic Feel The Benefit (and really, Things We Do For Love is a great song, even if it's played to death on radio).

I may be in the minority here, but I think "Bloody Tourists" is a damn fine album too. It isn't Crème/Godley's 10cc, but it stands up on it's own as a strong "smart pop" album (with a few proggy flourishes). Let's not forget, they still had Graham Gouldman, a seasoned vet of the songwriting business who wrote hits for The Hollies and The Yadbirds in the '60s.
    Last edited by No Pride; 07-15-2013 at 04:48 PM.

I'm down with Bloody Tourists as well, although I haven't heard it in over 30 years - I think I preferred it to Deceptive Bends back in the day. But How Dare You was my fave - would be interesting to revisit now and see how it all stacks up.

Listened to Godley/Creme's "L" a couple of days ago - THAT'S a hell of an album too.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I agree. Really, the trilogy of Sheet Music, Soundrack and How Dare You all have moments of brilliance and a few duds. Deceptive Bends is a step down, but it has the fantastic Feel The Benefit (and really, Things We Do For Love is a great song, even if it's played to death on radio).
    I'd more agree with this trilogy SM/OST/HDY...
    the aptly-titled Deceptive Bends has only one really good track (the rest is... meh)... and I don't like Things We Do
    so has Bloody Tourists (Dreadlock Holiday)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.