Thread: One Night "Festival" Friday July 19 NYC w/IZZ, 3RDegree, Half Past Four, The Tea Club

One Night "Festival" Friday July 19 NYC w/IZZ, 3RDegree, Half Past Four, The Tea Club

Hey everyone. Just an experiment to see if the "What's On, What's New" sub forum postings might be keeping PE'ers from hearing about this GREAT show.

I (Robert of 3RDegree) have hand-picked a show of great prog bands from the NYC/Philly area AND a very special appearance by Toronto's Half Past Four! Much like the oft-talked about "Bring The Prog Back Tour" SOC is heading up, think of this as that show's opening lineup but with every great band getting a nice one hour set. We will be sharing a lot of equipment so the change overs between bands will be quick.

You have 3 bands here with albums in the Prog Archives Top 100 of 2012 and our Canadian friend's fresh offering GOOD THINGS is sure to be on the 2013 list. (editorial comment-the album is freakin' amazing!). ALL have played ProgDay so let's just say, these bands are "pre-screened" for your listening pleasure"!

It's half a block from the heart of Times Square so we're talking a 10-15 minute walk from Port Authority Bus Terminal, Penn Station and Grand Central so anyone in the area can get to the show (and probably get home too?). Street parking is available west of the location on 45th Street ($3.50/hr 'til midnight only).

Admission is $10. Yes you heard that right.

NYC shows are notoriously bad paying shows for bands involved but we thought it would be fun and convenient for many to put on this show. It's a Friday night because in May, a similar lineup played on a Wednesday and got enough people into that tiny club to "earn" this better slot at a bigger venue that is supposedly one of the best sounding venues in NYC. If 25 people come out to see each band, it will be considered a "success" and shows like this in NYC will continue and maybe with better "terms" for the bands involved. Hey, one can dream no?

With a lineup like this and the good cheer we think that can be generated, chances are the party may continue on afterwards into the wee hours-perhaps to "cooler" parts of town-at least that's what Half Past Four is telling me!

Lineup (and it should be very close to reality)

8:00 Half Past Four
    9:15 3RDegree
    10:30 Izz "Quad"
    11:45 The Tea Club

Where?

Connolly's W 45th Street (between 6th Ave and 7th Ave)

ROOE.jpg

Sounds pretty good ....Walked past this place hundreds of times, never been inside..The show is up on their live music calendar ..

Would love to see you there Beano. Make sure to introduce yourself and come early and stay late.

Hmmm, this might be something to head into NYC for, from Jersey City. Thanks for the heads up!

Mike

I have put it on my calendar and I think I can get clearance from my super understanding wonderful wife!!! Will definitely introduce myself( already planning on breaking out my NF 02' shirt for the occasion!!! ) And I will be taking the LIRR in from LI (Huntington) if any one wants to pair up so we can keep an eye on each other after what could turn out to a very Proggy/late nite in NYC!!!!

Yes, you definitely want to be there 'til the end which should be in the midnight hour. That's pretty early for NYC and a Friday night actually!

1063700_10151801110407845_1208405604_o.jpg

Show is TONIGHT. Come on by!

Whoo-hooo! I'm so psyched for this gig. Now I just hope the fans come through. So many say this is convenient, and god knows it's affordable. Fingers are fully crossed for a great night of progginess.