Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP : Jeff Nutkowitz - OptiquesJeff - Long-Time Friend Of Progressive Ears

RIP : Jeff Nutkowitz - OptiquesJeff - Long-Time Friend Of Progressive Ears

Message from Cyndee:

I am devastated to report that Jeff Nutkowitz has lost his battle with pancreatic cancer this morning. He was in no pain when he passed, and I was there with him. All of your support has meant the world to the both of us. Thank you all for being there for us during this most difficult time in our lives. Love all of you..
    Those of us who met Jeff, or communicated with him here on PE and in our chat room, will understand how deeply his loss will be felt.

Cyndee please accept our love, positive thoughts, and very best wishes. Your PE friends will stand with you through this difficult time.
    Regards,

Duncan

(This is being posted on the main board because Jeff was such a long-time friend of PE, and was so close to the core of everything this community stands for.)
    Regards,

Duncan

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Please accept my deepest condolences, Cyndee. Jeff will be missed.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    Cyndee please accept our love, positive thoughts, and very best wishes. Your PE friends will stand with you through this difficult time.
    I can only echo what Duncan said.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Cyndee, I'm so sorry to hear of Jeff's passing. You and Jeff remain in our prayers. Stay strong.
    Chad

Such devastating news. I have many fond memories of Jeff - his presence was felt enormously in this community - both online and in person. May he rest in peace. Strength and comfort to Cyndee during this terribly sad time.

So sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Jeff.

Cyndee, I am so so sad to hear this. Please accept my sincere condolences.

I will forever think of Jeff at various NEARfests, often in the side aisle, bopping and groovin along to the spaci-ness that was on stage.

Jefferson James
    Feeling an odd mixture of sadness and relief -- sadness for Cyndee and those Jeff has left behind, relief to know this kind soul is no longer suffering. Rest in peace, Jeff.

Best wishes, Cyndee-Lee.

ZEPP, our best wishes are with you too.

Our deepest sympathy with you Cyndee on your loss. He is no longer suffering, and that is a blessing. I do hope you're able to get the love and support you need in this time of transition.

Know that my heart is with you and if you need to talk or anything else, don't hesitate to contact me.

Love to you and your families,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

My deepest condolences to you, Cyndee.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

a very sad day

Jeff was a wonderful contributor to so many discussions of Prog music

Rest In Peace until the resurrection in God's Kingdom
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cyndee, My thoughts are with you and Jeff. I'll be listening to an extended Space Jam in his honor.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Cyndee, my thoughts are with you....Jeff was a great person who always had a good word.

I will miss him.

Deepest condolences on the loss of your love and your best friend, Cyndee. Always will have fond memories of Jeff dancing away at NF and his "ROBBO!!!" on the infrequent times I went into Chat.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Cyndee. Though it may not seem like it now, time does eventually heal the pain. Spend extra time with friends and family and try to remember Jeff as he was when he was well and happy. I've never met either of you, but you have my sincere condolences.
    Last edited by No Pride; 07-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.

I'm awfully sorry to hear it. R.I.P.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Condolences Cyndee. RIP

Sorry to hear it. Truly sad day. RIP Jeff

Very sorry to hear of this - my condolences to you Cyndee and RIP Jeff

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cyndee, I am terribly sorry to hear this news. Please remember to take very good care of yourself. I hope that music can off some minor solance.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ZEPP, our best wishes are with you too.

(ZEPPELIN4EVER)
    Regards,

Duncan

Duncan, thank you for posting this for me.. I am heartbroken, even though I knew this was coming. He was unconscious when he went.. his breath getting ever slower, until it stopped. I comforted him the best way I knew how, up until the very end. Really appreciate all of your support..