Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: RIP : Jeff Nutkowitz - OptiquesJeff - Long-Time Friend Of Progressive Ears

So very sorry for your loss , Cyndee.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    Good-night; ensured release,
    Imperishable peace,
    Have these for yours,
    While sea abides, and land,
    And earth’s foundations stand,
    And heaven endures.

When earth’s foundations flee,
    Nor sky nor land nor sea
    At all is found,
    Content you, let them burn:
    It is not your concern;
    Sleep on, sleep sound.

A.E. Housman
    Good one John,

I like this.

My sincerest condolences Cyndee and your family.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Just now read this. I know there is nothing I can do, but if I could I would. Take care of yourself.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Cyndee,

I had no idea. I am so sorry to learn of Jeff's passing. Those we love live on in our hearts and minds.

Jeff rocked!

Condolences from my family and me to yours, truly sorry to hear of your loss

Sorry for your loss Cyndee. I didn't know Jeff, but we are all brothers in the love of music and his passing will hurt all of us. RIP.

Dave Sr.

my condolences, Cyndeee. I'll be in the hug-line if you show up at ProgDay. do what is best for you!

laura in SPAAAAAAAACE

My sincerest condolences Cindy.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I would like to take a moment to thank you all for the nice thoughts and sympathy for a man I looked up to and for a person who I shared and experienced many good times and some not so good times with over a large part of my life as Jeff was my older brother and a good friend for life for more than 50 years .... I will think of him and my dad everyday as they were my hero's.
    I will not forget our long journey.....not one moment of any of it .....

Fatoldbloke
    Very touched how many guys here have shown so much love and respect to Jeff. I am only a newbie here but there are sure some special caring people here.

My condolences also goes out to a fellow lover of Prog who shared his love of music with us.

I have turned up LOUDLY the song In The Wake Of Poseidon by King Crimson in Jeff's honour. In 5.1

Plato's spawn cold ivyed eyes
    Snare truth in bone and globe.
    Harlequins coin pointless games
    Sneer jokes in parrot's robe.
    Two women weep, dame scarlet screen
    Sheds sudden theatre rain,
    Whilst dark in dream the midnight queen
    Knows every human pain.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by ZEPPELIN4EVER View Post
    I would like to take a moment to thank you all for the nice thoughts and sympathy for a man I looked up to and for a person who I shared and experienced many good times and some not so good times with over a large part of my life as Jeff was my older brother and a good friend for life for more than 50 years .... I will think of him and my dad everyday as they were my hero's.
    I will not forget our long journey.....not one moment of any of it .....
    I was wondering if you would post here, ZEPP. A few of us knew of your relationship with Jeff, and had you in our thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Best wishes, Cyndee-Lee.

ZEPP, our best wishes are with you too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ZEPP, our best wishes are with you too.

(ZEPPELIN4EVER)

I hope you find peace as soon as possible, during this sad time.
    Regards,

Duncan

This is such sad news, i remember jeff from chatroom years ago and recently. So Sorry cyndee... (Valdez). He was always a fun and nice guy.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I was wondering if you would post here, ZEPP. A few of us knew of your relationship with Jeff, and had you in our thoughts and prayers.
    I, for one, did not. Very, very sorry for your loss, ZEPP.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Very very sad news indeed. I feel that I've lost someone very close to me and I really only knew Jeff through Saturday night chat. Jeff will not be forgotten here! My deepest sympathies and condolences go out to you Cyndee. Please know that we grieve with you.

I pray that the healing process has begun for you Cyndee and Zepp. Death is the enemy, but soon we will never have to see or hear of anyone dying again.
    After the end of this world of suffering and death there will be 1,000 years of world peace and restoration. Then no one will ever die again.
    1 Corinthians 15:24-28
    24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Take comfort in God's promise. It will come true.

may peace be with you
    Last edited by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER; 07-13-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Wow, I didn't know Jeff was Zepp's older brother. Sad for both Zepp and Cyndee in particular but also for everyone else who was close to Jeff. As I've said before I only met Jeff briefly once or twice and saw him around a few more times but he always seemed like a good guy.

My condolences to both Cyndee and ZEPP.

Wish I'd known Jeff in real life. It seems he was well loved by many and that is a beautiful thing indeed.

Peace to all.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    I have been debating on posting, mostly because I don't know what to say when something like this happens. I lost my father three and a half years ago to pancreatic cancer. He was gone less than two weeks after diagnosis. Cyndee, I met you and Jeff at NF '06 up on the hill, though it was brief, I could tell what a warm and friendly person Jeff is. I wish you the best and am so sorry for your loss.

"Remember all the life you shared every day
    There's never any endings
    ...but I'll never be the same"

Thanks everyone.. My fb post today:
    Reminder: the best way to honor Jeff Nutkowitz at this time, is to make a donation to Farm Sanctuary in his name. Jeff and I visited Farm Sanctuary several times, staying in their cabin and spending lots of time with the animals. It was a very peaceful and beautiful time for us, and this cause is very dear to him. Info to donate, at their site: www.farmsanctuary.org