Thread: Man - Bedtime Bone

Man - Bedtime Bone

It shouts the riff

Had the old LP, and recently bought it on disc. This is a very cool track.

Really like Man, always did. They were a varied and exceptionally eclectic band, especially considering the fact that they were essentially about rock'n'roll.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Personally I think this album 'Slow Motion' is good but weaker than its predecessor, 'Rhinos Winos and Lunatics'. [...] There's some really dazzling guitar work on things like 'Four Day Louise' and 'Kerosene'. I don't think there's much on 'Slow Motion' which matches that- I think there's less direction to the album. [...] I'd recommend the long live version of 'C'Mon' on 'Back Into The Future' to anyone here.
    "Kerosene" has my fave guitar solo ever; the finishing touch by Micky Jones - I never heard anything as poetic yet poignant as that ever. And I agree about Rhinos being one of their best (IMO) records, not least because of Malcolm Morley's contributions. That live version of "C'mon" has some of the most intense instrumental chemistry of all "guitar rock" I came across; The Dead, Wishbone Ash, not even the Allmans ever produced anything quite as overwhelmingly energetic and groovy - IMHO.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM