Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King Crimson w/ Wetton again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    It was "hide the decline", not the incline.
    Yet no actual decline was actually hidden. For recent times, the actual measured temperature went up, the limited tree ring proxy data went down, possilbly due to global warming itself. The proxy anomaly was well known and graphed and discussed in scientific lit, including IPCC reports. But on a *summary* graph, for a nonscientists, the graph showed the best data available.

Don't believe everything you read in the right-wing media.

Any new Krim lineup would be of interest to me, since my sig line has always proclaimed me to be a "21st century schizoid man"... One with Wetton and McDonald (and maybe even Cross and Collins) in the fold plus {pick one of any of the genius previous Krim drummers of your choice} would get me very excited indeed. But I don't expect to ever hear any more new Krim or any Krim for that matter because ---> Fripp told the Financial Times in August 2012 that he has retired from music.

chalkpie
    Wetton his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    21st Century Schizoid Man has just kicked in. How many people would part with their money to hear John singing and playing that again I wonder? **
    Here it is! Some people in Europe got that chance just this past May when John joined us for 4 shows.

FWIW, John never mentioned any future plans with Crimson while we were on the road. He did mention that he and Fripp are still in frequent touch, however...
    Last edited by District97; 07-06-2013 at 06:14 PM.

I really think a new KC album will never happen. But i'd love if it did. And really, i don't want another projeKct..... I want the fullblown thing. And i don't care if they tour or not, an album would be fine by me.
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Olesen View Post
    I really think a new KC album will never happen. But i'd love if it did. And really, i don't want another projeKct..... I want the fullblown thing. And i don't care if they tour or not, an album would be fine by me.

King Crimson release a studio album, featuring the following musicians: A, B,C, D, and E. This album contains 7 songs "S, T, U, V, X, Y, and Z".

The musicians A,B,C, D, and E release a studio album, under their own name, with the words "A King Crimson ProjeKct" inscribed on the front cover, underneath the name of the musicians. This album contains 7 songs "S, T, U, V, X, Y, and Z".

I'm good either way. Music is music. The rest is marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    Here it is! Some people in Europe got that chance just this past May when John joined us for 4 shows.
    John sounds great, just looks uncomfortable without the bass.
    What if another double-trio happened but with 2 singers, JW & Ade; 2 bass players, JW & TLev; 2 guitarists, Fripp & Belew and 2 drummers, Gavin & Pat. John sings lead on his KC material, Ade on his and each doing b-vox on the others songs. Ah, perchance to dream...
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973