Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound of Contact: Dimesionaut - CD Reviews

Sound of Contact: Dimesionaut - CD Reviews

Old man of prog
    Here we go again

WARNINGWARNINGWARNING SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

"Soundpress" is NOT an editorial website. They are a PAID publicity firm!!!!!@#&*(@#$

Now I personally love this album myself but this behavior by Soundpress should not be tolerated by the administrators on this board. I don't even mind Squids' hype lol but this is shameless. Boo!!

HEY PROGMEISTER... you don't know what you're talking about...

No one paid us to review this disc or review any concert..

We'll be waiting for your prompt retraction and apology!

Old man of prog
    "SoundPress.net works with a select handful of the best independent music acts in a wide variety of genres. Refresh this queue to see all of our most recent music promotion and publicity clients.

GET GREAT MUSIC PROMOTION: We're always seeking the best indie bands and artists to help promote though our unique "music publicity system" on the site including airplay, CD review and high profile exposure. Use the links below to join and see what our past clients have to say about us!"

This is from your own site. You can't be a credible music blog and a PR for hire company. Mixing Church and State.

Great album. IMO.

Hmmm. Well, for what it's worth we didn't pay them to do anything. I look forward to reading the unpaid unbiased review! haha. Maybe the thread can be useful in posting some other reviews as well so people can see a mix of opinions since it was brought up?

I'm sure you all know this thread has no Squids tentacles in it. If I'm behind something I just come right out and do it/say it openly or start a thread myself. I do appreciate the PE community for putting up with my zealous "hype" when I do it. I try to save it for something prog and juicy though... something of potential interest to the community.

Speaking of that I can't wait to tell you about some more dates we're doing next year with various prog heroes we've all had growing up! I'll do that in the other thread though so it doesn't drift off topic here. This one is more about what you guys think of the album and we're always curious to hear about that. So I guess I'll be a Dodo/Lurker on this one.

By the way, nice review. Thanks. Glad you like the album.

I'm glad for Squids promotion as the very first one for Sound of Contact ensured that "Dimensionaut" would be on my rather short must-own list for 2013. Having recently picked up my other must-owns...Lifesigns, all three "English Electrics" (yes, three...two by Big Big Train and also the most excellent OMD album of the same name), Dimensionaut has been in my Amazon cart for about a week now awaiting a decision on what else to buy (gift card burning a hole in my pocket). However, the price changes are almost daily and are driving me crazy!!!

Great CD. Your interaction with PE is most welcome and informative Squids, as you do it with class.
    Looking forward to meeting you and talking keyboards!
    We'll be seeing you at Yestival, Progday and Orion.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Here's the SoundPress.net response in a Nutshell. I don't feel a real need to explain myself but I will this one time...

We launched in 1999 as Kweevak.com -- one of the very first and early promoters of the real independent music scene -- that's where our roots are in the days before Myspace, FaceBook, YouTube and so on... over time we mixed in editorial material, concert reviews, CD write-ups and the indie focus became diminished.

But, we left a component of that on the site because we have a ton a happy clients and they still wanted a presence on the site.

We also grew our radio show and do tons of mainstream artist interviews... there is no paid component to that except for the ample and high-profile advertising package that comes with community membership. If you ask the artists on our site they'll tell you what an amazing deal we have as the majority of them renew year in and out.

So, the only things that are "paid" for on the site are community membership, advertising and the posting of press releases.

Everything else is a pure editorial function. There are times we may do a "bonus" CD review as a membership enhancement but that is rare and up to our discretion.

So, we're really no different that any other website except for the fact that we've done this for a long time and we don't intend to stop anytime too soon!

p.s. - We are scheduled to interview Simon next week for the radio show. If anyone here has some questions they would like asked by all means please email them to me at:

Rockin' Rich Lynch/Rockin' Rich Lynch on the Radio at >>>>> soundpress@yahoo.com

and I'll get to as many as possible!!!

Old man of prog
    "Madam would you go to bed with me for a million dollars? Well...I suppose so. Madam would you go to bed with me for 10 dollars? Well..of course not.
    Madam we have already established you're a whore. We're merely quibbling about price." - Winston Churchill

f.u. prickmeister!

Quote Originally Posted by lwpmedia View Post
    f.u. prickmeister!
    Way to represent your website and contributing artist. Very classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Great CD. Your interaction with PE is most welcome and informative Squids, as you do it with class.

We'll be seeing you Progday.
    What Jimmy said (Um, part of what Jimmy said)! There's a distinct difference between spamming and hyping your own music and integrating information about your musical vision and future projects. People like Squids, Kerry, Alan B., Jacob H-L, Battema, Chalkpie, Little Atlas, Tobias and many others who are regular contributors and an integral part of this virtual community, who constantly are posting about many things that have nothing to do with self-promo, get a "spam exemption" afaic.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Way to represent your website and contributing artist. Very classy.
    I dunno. Not being privy to all the details (unless as presented,) it seemed an appropriate response. But I'm a blue collar guy, and rough and tumble is an everyday thing for me.

Can we try to keep the discourse civil or at least so over the top as to be worth reading?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Dude, why the hell didn't you just TELL us you're Rockin' Rich Lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Dude, why the hell didn't you just TELL us you're Rockin' Rich Lynch?
    Woah.... he's not just Rockin' Rich Lynch, he's Rockin' Rich Lynch/Rockin' Rich Lynch on the Radio!

Because these guys are actually out on the road promoting their product, I say we give this a pass. I've only heard bits of this band so far, and I'll probably pick up the disk, based on what I read and hear from people I trust. I think if a band is stoutly and proudly prog, I think it is in everyone's interest here at PE, to encourage them. We don't need to crap where we eat. LWPMedia, don't take it too personally that someone took a swipe at you. It's going to happen from time to time here (OK, perhaps more often than that), and its just one persons observation - despite being a bit confrontational. Better to just ignore, or clarify. Just by the name "media", I kind of suspected this post would be "band-friendly", and yet, I'm here reading this thread anyway...but because I am interested in this band, and really enjoy that one of their members is here, I say forget the potential brawl and "Play ball!"

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Woah.... he's not just Rockin' Rich Lynch, he's Rockin' Rich Lynch/Rockin' Rich Lynch on the Radio!

Classic

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Because these guys are actually out on the road promoting their product, I say we give this a pass. I've only heard bits of this band so far, and I'll probably pick up the disk, based on what I read and hear from people I trust. I think if a band is stoutly and proudly prog, I think it is in everyone's interest here at PE, to encourage them. We don't need to crap where we eat. LWPMedia, don't take it too personally that someone took a swipe at you. It's going to happen from time to time here (OK, perhaps more often than that), and its just one persons observation - despite being a bit confrontational. Better to just ignore, or clarify. Just by the name "media", I kind of suspected this post would be "band-friendly", and yet, I'm here reading this thread anyway...but because I am interested in this band, and really enjoy that one of their members is here, I say forget the potential brawl and "Play ball!"
    I think it was just the fact that there are SEVERAL other threads here to promote (and discuss) this album, so it seemed kind of funny to some of us to see a "media" guy suddenly come and think he was going to "hip" us to this album here at li'l ole PE.

I think it was just the fact that there are SEVERAL other threads here to promote (and discuss) this album, so it seemed kind of funny to some of us to see a "media" guy suddenly come and think he was going to "hip" us to this album here at li'l ole PE.
    Obviously he is unaware of those other threads started by me! haha. Squidsmultimedia™ Anyway, he's not hired by us. We don't hire anyone to do anything like that. All reviews are genuine. He did this review on his own and I appreciate that he took the time to do it and even posted a thread about it. Thanks for sharing that lwpmedia! Sorry it got misinterpreted as spam.

Anyway, we just rehearsed the set in Simon's new studio. Sounding really good! It's even proggier live.

Banned
    Doesn't that happen all the time on PE? Different people starting different threads about the same thing. I guess the main SOC thread by Dave would be hard to miss, because it's only 20+ pages.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    What Jimmy said (Um, part of what Jimmy said)! There's a distinct difference between spamming and hyping your own music and integrating information about your musical vision and future projects. People like Squids, Kerry, Alan B., Jacob H-L, Battema, Chalkpie, Little Atlas, Tobias and many others who are regular contributors and an integral part of this virtual community, who constantly are posting about many things that have nothing to do with self-promo, get a "spam exemption" afaic.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I dunno. Not being privy to all the details (unless as presented,) it seemed an appropriate response.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally