Thread: Prog-Rock Diner 7/1/2013: Conduit, TROC, Axiomatic and July 4th bits

Prog-Rock Diner 7/1/2013: Conduit, TROC, Axiomatic and July 4th bits

This Monday 7/1/2013, from 5pm to 7pm EST on Radio Fairfax www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax, The Prog-Rock Diner brings you a VA/MD local effort from Conduit (#43), TROC, Axiomatic and a bit of a July 4th theme with: Miriodor, Tiemko, Happy The Man, Triumvirat, Salem, Hill, Miles Davis, King Crimson, Mahogany Frog, +1, Kansas, Styx and Merrell Fankhauser. You can also find Radio Fairfax in Northern Virginia on Cable (check with your provider).
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

Prog-Rock Diner (Music) with Deb Sears 07/01/2013 05:00PM to 07:00PM EST

05:02PM-05:14PM (12:39) Conduit “Blue Signal” from Conduit 43: The Signal And The Noise (2013) on Conduit — Independent - unreleased

05:15PM-05:26PM (10:42) TROC “Stick Time” from TROC (1972) on CY

05:26PM-05:31PM (5:45) Axiomatic “The Birds of My Senses” from The Birds Of My Senses (2013) on MUSOMUSIC

05:32PM-05:39PM (6:21) Miriodor “Forêt Dense” from Parade + Live At Nearfest (2005) on Cuneiform Records

05:39PM-05:44PM (5:46) Tiemko “PARADE” from PARADE (1992) on Musea

05:44PM-05:49PM (4:22) Happy the Man “Stumpy Meets The Firecracker In Stencil Forest” from Happy The Man (1999) on One Way

05:51PM-05:54PM (2:36) Triumvirat “The Sweetest Sound Of Liberty” from SPARTACUS (2002) on EMI Germany

05:54PM-05:58PM (3:46) Salem Hill “There's Always Canada” from Salem Hill II (1993) on Salem Hill

06:02PM-06:12PM (9:57) Miles Davis “Red” from Aura (1989) on CBS

06:12PM-06:18PM (6:16) King Crimson “Red” from Red (1974) on EG Records

06:18PM-06:24PM (6:07) Miles Davis “White” from Aura (1989) on CBS

06:24PM-06:28PM (4:14) Mahogany Frog “Sanchez Says, ...And Soon the Aces Will Ensue.” from Mahogany Frog On Blue (2005) on Mafroganyhog

06:30PM-06:37PM (6:38) Miles Davis “Blue” from Aura (1989) on CBS

06:37PM-06:43PM (6:06) +1 “Blizzard Of Lies” from Soul Revolution/Teenage Battle Hymns (2011) on Precognitive

06:43PM-06:52PM (9:22) Kansas “Song for America” from Device, Voice, Drum - Live (2003) on SPV Recordings

06:52PM-06:57PM (5:02) Styx “MISS AMERICA” from The Grand Illusion (1977) on A&M

06:57PM-06:59PM (1:41) Merrell Fankhauser “The Star Spangled Banner” from Rockin And Surfin Vol 4 (2010) on Ocean
    Deb S.
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

I like the Red, White, and Blue themes from the Aura album.
    That's a very unrated album in my estimation.

Here are the links for anyone who is interested:

1st hour for 7/1/2013: http://www.yousendit.com/download/WF...TSs0b0E5WThUQw

2nd hour for 7/1/2013: http://www.yousendit.com/download/WF...K3hqV0JwdmNUQw
    Deb S.
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

thanks for the links, Deb. i missed the show yesterday as i was recovering from the thinking Plague mini-tour of the Northwest.

we played Portland, Olympia and then, on Sunday night, Seattle. also it's been a sweltering 90-95 degrees in our neck of the woods, the past 4 days or so.
    granted, i don't need to whine to YOU about that - wasn't it, like, 110 there or something the past few days??? - but we're not used to it and yesterday was
    spent sleeping with the fan going

so i'm looking forward to hearing the show now while i work! thanks again for that and also for playing our music so regularly. we totally appreciate it.

love to you guys. take care,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Hey Kim, when is is the plague coming out our way?
    Deb S.
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

we were out there at the end of 2011 - we did Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York (when we played the Stone and Cuneifest).

i can't speak to when the next trip may be or whether i'll still be on board (it was exhausting!) but it could certainly happen. if we do end up out your way again, i do hope we're able to physically meet
    after all these years

Mike is retired now - as i soon hope to be though i have at least 2 more years before i can even consider it. he's got all sorts of time on his hands but, alas, the rest of us still work for a living

i'll definitely keep you informed as i know more about future travel plans, though. in any case, i'd love to meet you and Paul in person!

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    we were out there at the end of 2011 - we did Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York (when we played the Stone and Cuneifest).

i can't speak to when the next trip may be or whether i'll still be on board (it was exhausting!) but it could certainly happen. if we do end up out your way again, i do hope we're able to physically meet
    after all these years

Mike is retired now - as i soon hope to be though i have at least 2 more years before i can even consider it. he's got all sorts of time on his hands but, alas, the rest of us still work for a living

i'll definitely keep you informed as i know more about future travel plans, though. in any case, i'd love to meet you and Paul in person!

Kim
    Heh...out our way is Arizona now!! I was really sorry we weren't back East for the Cuneifest as I know I would've really enjoyed it.
    Deb S.
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

oh yeah! i forget!!! Arizona - well, if we're ever out THAT way, we'll let you know. sometime when it's COOLER

of course, it's already cooler since you're there

hugs and stuff,

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    oh yeah! i forget!!! Arizona - well, if we're ever out THAT way, we'll let you know. sometime when it's COOLER

of course, it's already cooler since you're there

hugs and stuff,

Kim
    Er, where's that 'blush' emoticon???? That's close enough... LOL! Thanks for the good words...
    Deb S.
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST