Thread: Tir na nOg back in the UK

Tir na nOg back in the UK

The Irish progressive folk duo, Tir na nOg are coming over to the UK next week! I'm sometimes asked- 'is this the real Tir na nOg? or ' is it a tribute band?'
    This is the original Sonny Condell and Leo O'Kelly who, after a gap of many many years, started touring again in the UK in 2010.
    In the 70's, as well as headlining in their own right, they supported Jethro Tull, Procol Harum, Steeleye Span, The Who, T Rex, Roxy Music, Hawkwind, Velvet Underground to name but a very few! Drop into our website www.tirnanog-progfolk.com for lots more.

Here's the forthcoming gigs:

Fri 5th July Wokingham Music Club, Wokingham, Berkshire
    Sat 6th July The Stables, Milton Keynes
    Sun 7th July (afternoon) National Forest Folk Festival, Ashby de la Zouch
    Sun 7th July (evening) The Greystones, Sheffield
    Tues 9th July The New Adelphi Club, Hull

Pete

I didn't like them at all.too folky on my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    I didn't like them at all.too folky on my tastes.
    Fair enough. Personally, I'm very excited to hear this. I can hang with some great folky prog, and Tir na nOg nails it. It would be nice to see them here in the United States, though, as I won't be in the UK anytime soon.

Their first album is a certified classic!
    (After that one, they actually started becoming too "poppy" & mainstream-sounding for me on the next two (maybe at the pressures of the record company(?), so when it comes to Tir na nOg, the more pure folky the better!!
    "Wouldn't it be odd, if there really was a God, and he looked down on Earth and saw what we've done to her?" -- Adrian Belew ('Men In Helicopters')

I can't believe that any band would come to play in Wokingham. It means that I can walk to the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by robh View Post
    I can't believe that any band would come to play in Wokingham. It means that I can walk to the gig.
    Enjoy the show!! It sounds a great set up - the music club only started last year! Unfortunately I won't be joining up with them until the Sunday/
    Pete