Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac Reissues

Banned

Fleetwood Mac Reissues

I read on the Ultimate Classic Rock website that Reprise Records is reissue some old pre-Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac albums/cds. They are planning on reissuing four of Fleetwood Mac's albums on CD starting with Then Play On on August 20th. The U.K track listing will be used, adding Oh Well(parts 1 and 2) The Green Manalishi(With The Two-Pronged Crown), and World In Harmony as bonus tracks. It will come with liner notes from Rolling Stone's David Fricke. The same day, Reprise is issuing a vinyl box containing Then Play On, Kiln House, Future Games, and Bare Trees. It will come in a black slipcase. The price of the Then Play On reissue is $18.99, while the vinyl box is priced at $79.98. I, for one, am excited for this. I am a fan of pre-Buckingham and Nicks Fleetwood Mac. Is anyone else excited about this?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I Is anyone else excited about this?
    I am a fan of all the Fleetwood Mac eras and might be interested in some of these. The only one I currently have on CD is "The Play On" along with the tracks that are on the box set.

Steve Sly

I've just recently discovered how nice some of those pre-Buckingham-Nicks albums are so I'll have to look at this. Might be a nice addition. Thanks

I love all those albums! I'll def be getting Then Play On, maybe others.

I read on the Ultimate Classic Rock website that Reprise Records is reissue some old pre-Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac albums/cds. They are planning on reissuing four of Fleetwood Mac's albums on CD starting with Then Play On on August 20th. The U.K track listing will be used, adding Oh Well(parts 1 and 2) The Green Manalishi(With The Two-Pronged Crown), and World In Harmony as bonus tracks. It will come with liner notes from Rolling Stone's David Fricke. The same day, Reprise is issuing a vinyl box containing Then Play On, Kiln House, Future Games, and Bare Trees. It will come in a black slipcase. The price of the Then Play On reissue is $18.99, while the vinyl box is priced at $79.98. I, for one, am excited for this. I am a fan of pre-Buckingham and Nicks Fleetwood Mac. Is anyone else excited about this?
    These are my favorite FM albums. I have them all, not sure I'd need these, but I hope they sell lots of them. FM were absolutely amazing until Buckinham/Nicks.

Banned
    So glad that this song will be on the Then Play On reissue. This will be on it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I am a fan of all the Fleetwood Mac eras and might be interested in some of these. The only one I currently have on CD is "The Play On" along with the tracks that are on the box set.

Steve Sly
    Just to point out the current CD of 'Then Play On' is a compromised version of the original album- the album as the band envisaged it has never been on CD until this upcoming version. It has two extra tracks on it and different segues.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Just to point out the current CD of 'Then Play On' is a compromised version of the original album- the album as the band envisaged it has never been on CD until this upcoming version. It has two extra tracks on it and different segues.
    I always thought that the current version of Then Play On on CD is the U.S version.

I read on the Ultimate Classic Rock website that Reprise Records is reissue some old pre-Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac albums/cds. They are planning on reissuing four of Fleetwood Mac's albums on CD starting with Then Play On on August 20th. The U.K track listing will be used, adding Oh Well(parts 1 and 2) The Green Manalishi(With The Two-Pronged Crown), and World In Harmony as bonus tracks. It will come with liner notes from Rolling Stone's David Fricke. The same day, Reprise is issuing a vinyl box containing Then Play On, Kiln House, Future Games, and Bare Trees. It will come in a black slipcase. The price of the Then Play On reissue is $18.99,
    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Eat View Post
    I love all those albums! I'll def be getting Then Play On, maybe others.
    Yeah, I may let myself get suckered into buying this (TPO) one... the rest, no!

It is, and bears only a passing resemblance to the one which came out in the UK- unusual by 1969, when there was more standardisation across territories. With 'World In Harmony', I remember reading this original version of the song has never been on a CD before either.

Yeah, part of the reason why I xoumld let myself getting thios... I wish they'd make the ultimate version ponce an for all
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

The complete saga of the disastrous resequencing is told on Wikipedia.

For myself, I shall not be buying the reissues because I have all of the pre-Buckingham/Nicks material in sterling Japanese pressings. TPO is one of my favorite LPs but I had to create my own version to correct the sequencing.

More info on the tracklisting, etc. of the new release of Then Play On: http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=84208
    Last edited by soundsweird; 07-02-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsweird View Post
    More info on the tracklisting, etc. of the new release of Then Play On: http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=84208
    Hmm, that's just the original UK running order with "Oh Well, "Green Manalishi" and "World in Harmony" tacked on. Those aren't bad choices, being sides A & B of a single released eight months after TPO and six months after "Oh Well" hit the charts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Hmm, that's just the original UK running order with "Oh Well, "Green Manalishi" and "World in Harmony" tacked on. Those aren't bad choices, being sides A & B of a single released eight months after TPO and six months after "Oh Well" hit the charts.
    I believe I said the same thing in my opening post.

Banned
    This track kills. I am so getting the Then Play On reissue. I only have the old Reprise CD.

Banned
    This track kills. I am so getting the Then Play On reissue. I only have the old Reprise CD.
    WTF? The video I was trying to post was One Sunny Day.

Banned

Banned
    Btw, the full track listing is on Amazon, and they are taking pre-orders.

I bought the new remaster of Then Play On yesterday, and it does sound a lot better than the original CD issue. Not perfect, but a lot better. Unfortunately, Oh Well is still mono, but other than that, I'm very happy with this release. The liner notes did have some revelations; for instance: Jeremy Spencer barely plays at all on the album.

Banned
    I bought the new remaster of Then Play On yesterday, and it does sound a lot better than the original CD issue. Not perfect, but a lot better. Unfortunately, Oh Well is still mono, but other than that, I'm very happy with this release. The liner notes did have some revelations; for instance: Jeremy Spencer barely plays at all on the album.
    According to Wiki, the only contribution that Jeremy made to Then Play on is playing piano on the second part of Oh Well. Btw, since you have the reissue, can you post some pics? Like of the CD booklet, and it's contents.

According to Wiki, the only contribution that Jeremy made to Then Play on is playing piano on the second part of Oh Well.
    He was to be given his own EP released along with TPO, for him to go crazy doing his doo-wop imitations. Thank god cooler heads prevailed.

Sorry, can't post pics, I'm at work!!!

Banned
    Sorry, can't post pics, I'm at work!!!
    Well, I didn't mean right this second. Whenever you can.

Banned
    I got the Then Play Reissue today at Barnes And Noble for $17.99. The sound is great. I hear things I did not hear on my previous CD version. The liner notes are great. I just wish that more pics were included in addition to the group photo that was on the previous CD version. The missing tracks from the U.K version and the bonus tracks at the end make the great disc even more legen.........wait for it...... dary.

Banned
    I just read on Wikipedia that a remastered and expanded version of Fleetwood Mac's 1980 Live album is to released some time at the end of the year.

That live album is not too good, with some really flat versions on there. 'I'm So Afraid' is the highlight by far. I keep it for that and the exclusive tracks. The pictures of the band members on this are, um, interesting.