Thread: VDGG 2013

VDGG 2013

Going to see them tonight on their flying lighthouse keepers tour. Anyone seen them this go around? What else are they playing?

There are setlists for all the shows at this excellent website -

http://www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk/vdgglive.htm#2013

Saw them in Amsterdam earlier this week. Unforgettable performance !

Oh yeah! Gog! What a tremendous pool of songs, they're mixing the sets up quite a bit. Dead excited now!

I would dearly love to see this, but of course no chance in the USA - hope to see some reviews here on how Plague comes off live AND with a three-piece.

Too bad they didn't do this at NEARfest, but at least they're doing it at all - quite a brave choice, really. I agree that the setlists look marvelous !

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by yahonza View Post
    hope to see some reviews here on how Plague comes off live AND with a three-piece.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...w-THIS-is-Prog!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by revporl View Post
    Going to see them tonight on their flying lighthouse keepers tour. Anyone seen them this go around? What else are they playing?
    I'll be at the RNCM tonight too.
    The audience recording from Amsterdam sounds interesting.
    Saw the trio at Liverpool back in 2007, slow start, great finish.
    Can't wait for this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post

I wish they would have worked more classics like this into the NEARfest performance last year. That trio that ended the Amsterdam show would have been mind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post

ooohhh, that's a pinch of salt on my wound
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

The Manchester concert was breath-taking. Excellent acoustics at the RNCM where I sat, central, half-way back, and the PA was good quality, if a little too loud at times. The band were on great form, and the highlights for me were 'Scorched Earth' second song in, 'Meurglys', and the final masterpiece of 'Plague' before the encore. PH's voice was wonderful, which is always my personal highlight from years of seeing him solo/duo. I hope a recording is made from this tour or a radio broadcaster will oblige.

cool. Last year's show in NY was great.

Yes, seconded re RNCM. Absolutely stunning. Highlights for me were Time Starts Now, Scorched Earth, Plague and Gog. The sound was superb, PH was in great voice. It can never be too loud for me! Maybe the best time I've seen them, although the University gig a couple of years ago was wonderful too. What a band, still!