Thread: Love - Black Beauty

Love - Black Beauty

This just made my day - the local radio station played a song that the DJ was all giddy over, he had just received his copy of this 40 year old material - unearthed from the vaults, a new release for chrissakes!

LOVE_front_LP_2_-e1349299184825.jpg

Geezer, were you hip to this?
    sure it ain't Forever Changes but by the sound of things this was supposed to have been a real album and not some 'just discovered' left-overs scraps for Arthur Lee completest.
    very f'king cool if you ask me.
    looks like i'll be contacting High Noon Records.

NOW I AM!!

Many thanks!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Not available as a cd for the ancient Luddite. That sucks. If anyone who buys the download or album can burn me a cd-r (PM me for my address), I'll be immensely grateful and WILL OWE YOU BIG TIME. I can provide a list of cds I'm willing to part with and you can pick any 2 you want.

HELP!!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

ancient luddite - doesn't that mean you should have a record player sittin around? you know, the kind that has the big spindle thingie you can stack a whole bunch of records on and let'em play, then flip the whole stack over and play the other sides?
    aw heck, just screwin' with you, don't worry, I gotcha covered.

Kay has a turntable that doesn't work.

I'll PM you my mailing addy, and later tonight or tomorrow I'll PM you the list of cds.

Many thanks again!

Are you going to Progday?

This is getting a legit release finally? Yay!

I've had a coughbootlegcough copy for many years, it's a nice album and fans of the group should not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Eat View Post
    This is getting a legit release finally? Yay!

I've had a coughbootlegcough copy for many years, it's a nice album and fans of the group should not be disappointed.
    I am more excited about hearing this than any other album I can recall!

Does anyone know if its the Lee,Echols,McLean,Forssi, Stuart lineup (with or without Cantrelli)?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I am more excited about hearing this than any other album I can recall!

Does anyone know if its the Lee,Echols,McLean,Forssi, Stuart lineup (with or without Cantrelli)?
    I don't think so, this sounds like a continuation of the direction he was going on Out Here and False Start. from the sound samples definitely some Hendrix influence as well as some R&B from that time period - which is ok in my book.

^^ Correct.

Not as big a fan of the post-"Changes" lineup, but if it's Arthur, I'll still love (NO pun int.) it.

Hell, I even have Bryan McLean's 2 solo albums and all of King Arthur's solos.

I received my vinyl copy of BB last week, finally had the chance to listen to the digital download version over the weekend so I'll post a few thoughts.
    First off, it's really an awesome experience to purchase a new vinyl release after all of the years of digital formats. this 180g platter is a thing of beauty, i'm bummed my turntable is in mothballs (major remodeling project). It's also packaged with a concert program sized booklet that I look forward to reading when time allows.
    What about the recording? well, to me this is Arthur's 'Band of Gypsys'. No doubt that Jimi influenced his direction but with a few twist. recording itself is excellent, this is no batch of rough demos but rather something that was given full studio attention. All in all a strong selection of songs and i'd say possibly the best of the post Forever Changes releases.
    It boggles the mind that nothing ever happened with this back in the day, maybe the nice included booklet will explain.
    I should also mention that High Moon Records had this to my door within 3 days, I hope the have more offerings in the future.