Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Aristocrats - 2nd studio album preview

The Aristocrats - 2nd studio album preview

Sounds awesome!!
    A 6-minute preview montage of the second studio album from The Aristocrats - "Culture Clash" - set for release on July 16, 2013:
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Sounds good to me! I'm looking forward to seeing them live.
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Wow. Govan's got some high-octane talent on the rhythm section -- are he and Satch swapping them?

Now that's what I want to see... a Satch/Govan guitar duel!

Seriously, though, sounds nice... good fusiony stuff. But I'd still love to see a GPS album!

Big love for The Aristocrats in every way.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Sweet, seeing them on 7/30
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wow. That youtube medley clip is great. Govan was so underutilized by Asia, that it is almost painful to contemplate.

In the slew of great releases of the past 2 years, the Aristocrats' debut fell through the cracks for me. Must check it out.

COOL! The samples already sound better than the debut as far as production/recording goes. Not that I didn't dig the debut, but for me, it was a little too bone dry (no reverb or delay on anything) and could've benefitted from a few guitar overdubs. Maybe they felt the same way, because I'm hearing some ambience and some overdubs on these samples.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer's ghost View Post
    Sounds good to me! I'm looking forward to seeing them live.
    Me, too! Catching them in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Now that's what I want to see... a Satch/Govan guitar duel!
    I'm afraid it wouldn't be pretty. Guthrie can ape Satch pretty perfectly (check out the below video at the 3:09 minute mark)... and about 20 other guitar players. Granted, those guys came up with their styles while Guthrie just drew from all of them, but if we're talking "duel," he's got a bigger trick bag and at least as much chops as any of them. I'm not really an advocate of music as competition, but if you want to make it into a sport, my money's on GG.

BTW, I'll be seeing The Aristocrats for the second time in Chicago on August 14th at Reggie's.

I'll be seeing them in Madison in August (with the "ghost" a/k/a my son Peter). Don't know yet if the venue (which usually features jazz & folk artists) has any idea what they're in for aurally with these 3 guys!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Absolutely cannot wait to see them here in Houston in August - joy!

Leo

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    Me, too! Catching them in Boston.
    Let me know it you want to catch a beer before the gig
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Jefferson James
    My GOD. This sounds delicious.

And the cover picture is very fun one, might I add...
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Northern Kentucky in August!

Their dvd from the last album, "Boing...We'll do it live" is absolutely brilliant. I liked the first release ok, but those songs just
    blew up in the live format. One of the most entertaining sets I've seen.

"peelopuu 22 hours ago

I like this boyband"

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Let me know it you want to catch a beer before the gig
    Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Northern Kentucky in August!

Their dvd from the last album, "Boing...We'll do it live" is absolutely brilliant. I liked the first release ok, but those songs just
    blew up in the live format. One of the most entertaining sets I've seen.
    Anyone who digs The Aristocrats must own this DVD/CD set. Get on it! Bryan's hilarious in the Extras explaining his songwriting
    and showing his guitar "playing" skills.

More-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I'm afraid it wouldn't be pretty. Guthrie can ape Satch pretty perfectly (check out the below video at the 3:09 minute mark)... and about 20 other guitar players. Granted, those guys came up with their styles while Guthrie just drew from all of them, but if we're talking "duel," he's got a bigger trick bag and at least as much chops as any of them. I'm not really an advocate of music as competition, but if you want to make it into a sport, my money's on GG.

BTW, I'll be seeing The Aristocrats for the second time in Chicago on August 14th at Reggie's.
    That was a fun listen, Ernie! Although he needs to work on the Scofield impersonation. I'm surprised he didn't pay tribute to Michael Lee Firkins, because I definitely hear some of Firkins style on the new album montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    That was a fun listen, Ernie! Although he needs to work on the Scofield impersonation.
    And the Hendrix impersonation! I was glad that we had the visuals on that video, though, because apart from a handful of very distinctive guitarists I would have had no idea whom he was "doing" at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    he needs to work on the Scofield impersonation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sordel View Post
    And the Hendrix impersonation!
    Agreed on both counts! His impression of Edge from U2 wasn't great either. It seems the guys he has the most down pat are the rock shredders; Eddie VH, Yngwie, Satch and Vai. No biggie though, the guy's still a mofo on guitar!

Can't wait to see these guys (again) live. And the new music is most excellent.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    More-
    The guy is a virtuoso no doubt, but honestly this is musical masturbation to my ears. It sounds very cliched and has a "been there...done that" presentation. I love Beller and Minnemann, but aside from these guys certainly enjoying themselves, they could be doing something more creative. No, I'm not a hater or even a troll, its just my opinion.

put up yesterday. the complete title track

i.ain't.dead.irock