Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEKTAR NYC BB KINGS 6/23/13 ANY ONE GO ??

I totally forgot about it. Oh well, better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. This is Martin Turner's first US tour in about 20 years, from what I understand. I think both bands can co-exist.
    I must agree. I would like to see this version.

Quote Originally Posted by ravingandrooling View Post
    I did get a pretty decent recording of the show though ;-)
    Yeeshkul!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Banned
    Just came across a recording of the BB King 9.11.04 show. Not even sure how I got it. It's not anywhere near perfect, but very listenable. Crowd was enthusiastic to say the least.

Setlist:

1. Tab
    2. Dream Nebula
    3. Desolation Valley/Waves
    4. RTF Pt. 1
    5. Cryin' In The Dark
    6. King Of Twilight
    7. Recycled

The problem with that 2004 tour (or at least one of the problems, because a lack of promotion was, by far, the biggest) was that they, apparently, all got sick in Boston. The story was something about the air conditioning being the culprit. Whatever it was, Roye's voice was pretty rough because of it.

I have that Boston show and saw them a few days later in Pittsburgh and he was having a rough time. They were still great.

Since the issue of Sons of Hippies, which are on the same label as Nektar's, being the opener at the Nektar/MT Wishbone Ash shows has been brought before, I'll have to ask the question: why wasn't Flash Featuring Ray Bennett and Colin Carter included in the bill since Flash are also on the same label as Nektar and have also released a new album recently? Maybe it would have been a more attractive bill having them instead of Sons of Hippies, provided the tour had the right promotion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    provided the tour had the right promotion of course.
    Or any, for that matter.

In case anybody is interested I saw two Nektar shows at The Traders'Den that are available to grab, they are from Sellersville & Cleveland.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=104756

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=104748

Anybody have the set list for Sellersville? Klaus told me they typically had decent crowds at Sellersville. I wonder how many showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Anybody have the set list for Sellersville? Klaus told me they typically had decent crowds at Sellersville. I wonder how many showed up.

01. Intro
    02. Hello/Band Intros
    03. A Tab In The Ocean
    04. Doctor Kool
    05. Dream Nebula
    06. Desolation Valley
    07. Time Machine
    08. A Day in the Life of a Preacher
    09. Recycle
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Damn!

I wanted SO BADLY to hear TAB in PIttsburgh!

Just to let you know, the sound quality of the Sellersville show is very good. And also , Ron, Tab is an abbreviated version.

Desolation Valley is the full song though.
    Last edited by bobert; 06-29-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    And also , Ron, Tab is an abbreviated version.

Does anyone have the exact setlist from THIS years BB Kings show? I saw that Good-day was played, but did they do the "Short Tab" (STab) in NYC?

Has anyone seen the post-BB King's interview with Roye? It's on their Facebook page. Seems like Chris Farley has been reincarnated. What a hoot. Poor Roye.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like