Thread: Richard Matheson - sci-fi, horror, Twlight Zone writer - dies

Richard Matheson - sci-fi, horror, Twlight Zone writer - dies

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3493807.html

He was my favorite writer in the sci-fi/horror genre. Wrote some of the more memorable Twilight Zone episodes such as "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" and great books like The Shrinking Man and Bid Time Return.

He wrote a few non-genre books. One was The Beardless Warriors about young soldiers at the end of WWII. Pretty gripping.

Some of his themes were used by Stephen King, and when confronted with this, King replied, "Yes, I steal, but I only steal from the best."
    Last edited by Lopez; 06-25-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Nooooooooooooooooo! Love not only his TV and movie stuff, but he wrote a lot of great short stories too. RIP.

RIP

Here's the Zuni:

no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

RIP. He wrote "Duel", which was one scary story (& also the best acting ever done by Dennis Weaver in the film version, which was directed by a young unknown named Spielberg).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Didn't realize he was still with us. RIP to a truly great one. Maybe he and Rod can team up again.

A giant has passed.

The New York Times printed an obit in Wensday's 6-26 edition. They gave him close to half a page which is a substatial size in the world of NYT. Very good synopsis of Mr Mathesons life accomplishments, I didnt realize how many pies he had his fingers in. Prolific and talented. RIP.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Yeah, just re-read the guy's wiki page - everything that was ever good about TV in the '60s, this guy had a hand in. Brilliant writer of thought-provoking fiction. Dude wrote I Am Legend, The Incredible Shrinking Man not to mention some of The Twilight Zone's best episodes. His name belongs up there with the likes of Bradbury or Asimov. Matheson really knew how to craft a story and be entertaining at the same time.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that