Thread: Anima Mundi - The Lamplighter (2013)

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Anima Mundi - The Lamplighter (2013)

Recorded for most parts in the Netherland, Cuban band Anima Mundi have just released a new album. I was curious to know if anyone has picked this up. They have a new vocalist, who is entirely different, but a great singer. But the real treat, of course, is the constant duel between the majestic keyboards of Virginia Perez and the powerful guitar of Roberto Diaz.

I haven't received my copy yet, but this is one of my most anticipated albums of the year.
    If it's anywhere near as good as their last album, "The Way", it's sure to be a top 5 for 2013.

Will you be putting this up on Progstreaming?

I can't believe there's no interest in this thread. C'mon, Anima Mundi is among the top symph prog bands in the world right now.

Had a brief listen, seems like the vocals have taken a step backwards, shame. Need to play some more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    I can't believe there's no interest in this thread. C'mon, Anima Mundi is among the top symph prog bands in the world right now.
    It is difficult to comment on a band's new album when you haven't heard it yet. My copy is on the way from Greg W. As for the above clip, the song is good but the vocals are not. It would be hard for an album to be in my top 10 with vocals that poor. I'm obvioulsy not as enthralled with this band as you are. I really like "The Way" but thought that "Jagannath Orbit" was average. I have high hopes still for the album.

I was quite underwhelmed by The Way when I heard it; way too Flower Beards for my tastes. A pity, as I thought integrating all those orchestral instruments would make it more interesting. I thought Solitary Sandpiper Journey by Karfagen was a much more (artistically) successful album in a similar mode.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

“It doesn't get any more...like this. Than this.” --Anders Lundquist

N.P.:“Night Flight”-Night Flight Project

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    It's on Progstreaming right now! As is the new Arabs In Aspic, which I think is even more interesting.

Not generally to my taste, so I'm not the best to comment, but the ending is really nice (from about the 4 minute mark on), and it seems like good symph.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    It's on Progstreaming right now! As is the new Arabs In Aspic, which I think is even more interesting.

Thanks for getting it. I've listened to it several times, and I think this is a great album. OK, the new vocalist does sing with an accent at times, but he still has an excellent voice which complements the music very well. The melodies are memorable and the compositions and musicianship are top notch. Highly recommended to all symph prog fans.