Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GOBLIN/ SECRET CHIEFS 3 to tour North America in Oct

GOBLIN/ SECRET CHIEFS 3 to tour North America in Oct

Long awaited landing of Goblin in North America

Almost 40 years removed from their debut, cult legends Goblin will launch their first ever North American tour this October. The tour will start October 1st in Atlanta and will culminate with a two night run of performances in Austin, TX at the Housecore Horror Film Festival on Oct 25 and 27.

The Italian Soundtrack Kings will perform all of their classic cuts, including scores from Deep Red, Suspiria, Tenebrae, Dawn of the Dead, Phenomena, Sleepless and other songs that are milestones among prog rock followers, including songs from Roller, Il fantastico Viaggio del Bagarozzo Mark, and most recently Back to the Goblin. Other famous scores never performed live anywhere will be included on this tour.

First signals of a reunion started 8 years ago when Massimo Morante and Maurizio Guarini, together with other members of Goblin, released a new album, Back to the Goblin, after a long absence. The band felt it was time to expose the music to new generations of fans and invigorate their loyal following. In 2009, Goblin started touring the world, hitting the major European cities including Rome, Paris, London, Berlin and many others (in 2010 Claudio Simonetti re-joined the band). The band found the tour to be a great success, and the fan base kept growing, bringing back the old enthusiastic crowds of the seventies and converting new fans of all ages along the way. To follow this up, in 2011/2012 the band ventured to Japan and Australia and met the same enthusiasm. This led to an increased desire to come to North America as a full band for the first time ever.

The tour will include a small amount of VIP ticketing, allowing fans to meet the band, get up close, see part of the soundcheck, and walk away with commemorative poster. Also, during the tour the band will be selling an exclusive tour EP put out by Death Waltz Records. The EP features brand new versions of Classic Goblin tracks re-recorded by the recently reunited band. The EP will be pressed on blood red 180g vinyl and feature an exclusive cover design by poster artist Graham Humphrey's (Evil Dead, A Nightmare On Elm Street).

The line up for this tour will include original members since 1975 Claudio Simonetti and Maurizio Guarini (keyboards) and Massimo Morante (guitar). The band is rounded out by drummer Titta Tani and bassist Bruno Previtali that joined in 2010.
    Support on the tour (up to October 20) will come from the Northern California based Secret Chiefs 3, formed by Mr. Bungle founding member Trey Spruance. Secret Chiefs 3 have developed quite a cult following of their own over the last 15 years with their blend of other worldly psychedelic rhythms and melodies.

Dates for the tour are as follows:

Oct 1 Atlanta, GA/ The Loft
    Oct 3 Asheville, NC/ The Orange Peel
    Oct 4 Baltimore, MD/ Otto Bar
    Oct 5 Philadelphia, PA/ Underground Arts
    Oct 6 Brooklyn, NY/ The Music Hall of Williamsburg
    Oct 9 Boston, MA/ Sinclair
    Oct 10 Montreal, QC/ Le National
    Oct 11 Toronto, ON/ Opera House
    Oct 12 Pontiac, MI/ The Crofoot
    Oct 13 Chicago, IL/ Metro
    Oct 15 Denver, CO/ The Gothic Theatre
    Oct 18 Seattle, WA/ Neumos
    Oct 19 Portland, OR/ Hawthorne Theatre
    Oct 20 San Francisco, CA/ The Regency Ballroom
    Oct 22 Los Angeles, CA/ Beyond Fest @ The Egyptian Theater (with a screening of Deep Red)
    Oct 25 Austin, TX/ Housecore Horror Film Festival
    Oct 27 Austin, TX/ Housecore Horror Film Festival

Goblin is one of my last "bucket list" bands so....SWEET

Space Cadet
    Ah, so the rumors were true. October is shaping up to be a fantastic month of music!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Cool I'm in for Boston
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Wow! Goblin at the Opera House?! Never thought I'd see the day.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I will be to Philly or Boston for the Secret Chiefs 3 - throw Goblin in for dessert!
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Wow! Goblin at the Opera House?! Never thought I'd see the day.
    Another Toronto stand up shithole!!

Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    Another Toronto stand up shithole!!
    Where many of us nearly died approximately one year ago at the Marillion show where it was about 50 degrees Celsius inside the venue, and people were passing out all over the place. Awful. Seen quite a few good bands there but always walk out exhausted and sore.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I'm in, Oct 13 Chicago, IL/ Metro
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

wow, I might have to take a vacation to Chicago to catch this and stick around for Hawkwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Where many of us nearly died approximately one year ago at the Marillion show where it was about 50 degrees Celsius inside the venue, and people were passing out all over the place. Awful. Seen quite a few good bands there but always walk out exhausted and sore.
    I made my mind up a few years back, that I wouldn't attend any more shows at these stand up dumps that Toronto passes off as venues. Regardless, on that date, I'll be on my way to the New Jersey Proghouse. BTW, Goblin keysman Maurizio Guarini's show at the Lula Lounge, which is a great venue, was awesome!!

Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    wow, I might have to take a vacation to Chicago to catch this and stick around for Hawkwind.
    Not a bad vacation....

Wow! They're actually coming to L.A? I'm totally jazzed! Loved them ever since I heard "Roller" back in the day. They have certainly contributed to 'the house of dark prog"...a place where I live. Can't wait!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

OK...Toronto or Pontiac....?
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Is there any "official" source for this information? Where's everyone getting the info from?

Here's an official source:

http://www.webofmimicry.com/

- Matt

Edit: I guess I'm an official source too...

Boston tickets on sale 6/28
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebofsky View Post
    Here's an official source:

http://www.webofmimicry.com/

- Matt

Edit: I guess I'm an official source too...

Thanks Matt! See you in October

IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE!!!! And with SC3!! So happy that it is not April 1st!!

Toronto....there!!!

neil

Holy Crap...Starting the tour in Atlanta. I am Soooooo there for this one.

Goblin on 10/9 and Hawkwind on 10/10 in Boston. Can't get much better than that.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

This is absolutely unbelievable and so very welcome.

My concern is some of these venues are very large! I hope they feel they are accurately gauging demand.

Well...Ottobar in Baltimore is pretty reasonably sized, all things considered. They probably could've gone slightly bigger even.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    This is absolutely unbelievable and so very welcome.

My concern is some of these venues are very large! I hope they feel they are accurately gauging demand.
    Having Secret Chiefs 3 on the bill will pull in quite a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Goblin on 10/9 and Hawkwind on 10/10 in Boston. Can't get much better than that.
    And Ian Anderson doing TAAB 1 & 2 two days later. It's going to be a stellar week.
    Ian