Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GOBLIN/ SECRET CHIEFS 3 to tour North America in Oct

Yo - for those considering the Baltimore date, the tickets are now onsale:

http://www.missiontix.com/events/product/17883/goblin

$25 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    My concern is some of these venues are very large! I hope they feel they are accurately gauging demand.
    Interestingly, the pairing of SC3/Goblin is exquisitly cunning, seeing how the main bulk of the current Goblin fanbase are not the "internal prog/RPI horde" but rather a larger crowd who discovered the band's music through either Argento's films or the favourable writings on those soundtracks in parts of the non-niche music press from the early 2000s on.

And for the Gobliners who are among the RPI/internal clique, this event offers an astounding possibility for them to experience one of the truly innovative acts of modern "progressive" rock.

Getting a bit envious here...
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Oct 13!? yeah man! metro is a great club.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Interestingly, the pairing of SC3/Goblin is exquisitly cunning, seeing how the main bulk of the current Goblin fanbase are not the "internal prog/RPI horde" but rather a larger crowd who discovered the band's music through either Argento's films or the favourable writings on those soundtracks in parts of the non-niche music press from the early 2000s on.

And for the Gobliners who are among the RPI/internal clique, this event offers an astounding possibility for them to experience one of the truly innovative acts of modern "progressive" rock.

I'm pretty excited about both bands. Goblin is a bucket list item to be sure, but I've known about SC3 from Toby (Kayo Dot) and it'll be great to see them as well.

Death Waltz usually does a terrific job with their vinyl issues as well (a tad on the expensive side but c'est la vie), so the new EP could be well worth the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Nasser View Post
    Oct 13!? yeah man! metro is a great club.
    Goes on sale today at noon.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Got my tickets for Boston woo woo
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Space Cadet
    I'm in for Philly...splurged for the VIP ticket because why not?

Yep, my wife just got tickets for Chicago, going the VIP route as it's one day shy of my 50th!!! Thank you Mary!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Got my tix for the Seattle show!

damn just logged on for the brooklyn show and can only pull a VIP ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

Yeah that could a good chance for exposing both bands to different audiences
    Try is a big fan of Goblin - "We don't need to tell you about this, right?
    You've already got Suspiria and Profondo Rosso and the Zombie/Dawn of the Dead soundtracks and have been listening to them for ages, right? Good. The greatest, huh? And speaking of Argento, you do have Morricone's "Bird With the Crystal Plumage" and "Il Gatto a Nove Code," correct? Ok, just checking.
    Avoid like the plague if you're going to whine about "poor sound quality." Just forget it." Trey Spruance

Its obvious there was a lot of Goblin "research" prior to the making of Le mani destre recise degli Ultimi Uomini

Got tixs for the Atlanta show. Can't wait!

The Brooklyn show is sold out! Hipsters love this band and will out number the old Prog heads at these shows! Can't wait for this.

Bummed that the only way to see the two shows in Austin was to buy passes for the entire Housecore™ Horror Film Festival ($129-$199).

I say "was" because all the Housecore™ Horror Film Festival passes are sold out:

From exchange at bottom of page http://housecorehorrorfilmfestival.c...val/#more-565:

Jayson says:

June 24, 2013 at 8:39 pm

So…I live in Austin and I JUST want to see Goblin play their set prior to the Suspiria screening. Is that even possible? I don’t want to watch any other movies nor see any other bands. Anything offered like that?

Housecore Horror Film Festival says:

June 24, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Hey Jayson! At this time, only VIP and COMBO Badge holders, and MUSIC ONLY Wristband wearers will have access to see Goblin in concert on Friday night, October 25. Those same people, plus FILM ONLY Wristband wearers will have access to the SUSPIRIA live-score on Sunday, October 27. There are currently no individual tickets for sale. All VIP Badges have been sold.
    So close, yet so far away...

Leo

Philadelphia is now sold out! I'm guessing Baltimore won't be far behind!

Quote Originally Posted by ampevents View Post
    Philadelphia is now sold out! I'm guessing Baltimore won't be far behind!
    Really glad to see tickets moving for these shows Also REALLY glad I got my tickets already

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Really glad to see tickets moving for these shows
    On that front...

FYI the SF show has been moved to the Warfield (tickets for the Regency Ballroom will be honored) and a second LA show (without SC3) has been added.

!!!!!

- Matt

Got tickets for Toronto! On sale through ticketfly.

neil

My daughter went to the club's box office to get a couple tickets for the Boston show yesterday - sold out except for a few VIP tickets. She passed on those as the three times the regular ticket price just didn't seem worth it. Oh well, I guess we'll try for Hawkwind.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

For those who missed their chance to get tickets: There is a chance extra shows will be added or venues changed to larger ones. Stay tuned!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Guess the promoters underestimated the popularity of the two bands.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

stay tuned I shall...don't want to miss this one

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Guess the promoters underestimated the popularity of the two bands.
    There are some very savvy promoters/bookers behind this. Nevertheless, BOOM! Tickets are moving fast! People are working on it...

I do know of two potential additional shows in new towns near those currently in the listings that haven't been officially announced yet.

- Matt