Thread: I'm selling my T5 - Whats a fair price to ask?

I'm selling my T5 - Whats a fair price to ask?

I sadly have to part with my Taylor T5-S1. I picked it up in a mongo-trade, for little cash and tons of gear I wasn't using anymore. I think I paid the equivalent of about $1400 cash. I suddenly have a need for cash and can't justify owning a $1K+ guitar at my skill level.

I have no idea where to price it, but I'm thinking around $1200 + shipping on Ebay. - Is that too high? suggestions?

I've only played this guitar in my bedroom, and it was like new when I bought it, and I guess that it still is...
    Last edited by Yodelgoat; 06-21-2013 at 12:46 PM.

I recently came across this website that lets you enter an item and it will search for current (and maybe recent?) sales or auctions for that item on eBay, Craigslist and Amazon. When I entered "Taylor T5-S1" on the site it says the median used price is $1599, but there is one on ebay right now with a Buy It Now price of $1300. So take it for what it's worth as the price you can get for something like this probably varies from region to region, but if you have no idea it at least seems like a good place to get a ballpark figure. You can also check music sites that have classifieds, like Harmony Central. I would certainly think $1200 + shipping seems reasonable if the axe is in good shape. Too bad you have to part with it.

Oh yeah, here's the site I was talking about: http://priceonomics.com

If you'll sell it for $1200 and shipping, SHOW ME A PICTURE. I'm a Taylor junkie and I've been thinking about a second T5...AND I just sold some stuff, so I have cash.

Shall I post them here or can I have your email?

Oh one more with the sound hole: Serial.JPG

'06...I think that's the first year they made them. Looks beautiful, though. And in great shape for it's age. Sent you a PM. Gotta see about putting the rest of the funds together. I'll let you know today-ish.

Update: Finally sold the T5 - the first guy who won the auction, said he was "working to make the money to buy the guitar and could I wait" WTF? So I had to wait 4 days to relist. Fortunately, another bidder snapped it up. Cool, but some people are so stupid.. The first bidder didn't see anything wrong with asking me to wait, or to let him make payments over time. Get this; he sent me an Email saying: "If I cannot buy this guitar, then I will agree to cancel my purchase" How does idiot even remember to breathe?