Thread: Bay City Rollers

Bay City Rollers

So from what I read, these guys started 'traditionally' by guys who were legit musicians in their own right. Not a slick producer or record company fabrication.

What I'm curious to know is if the members actually played on the albums. Anyone have some insight? I have my doubts that they did, but I could be wrong.

Their manager manager Tam Paton claimed once that they had absolutely no musical ability and couldn't play their instruments properly. Whether they performed or not on their records should be forever shrouded in mystery but there is a live album recorded in Japan floating around, so I guess listening to the specific CD and comparing with the studio recordings can give you an answer. I cannot help you though as I was never interested in them and didn't own any of their records except "Dedication" and that when I was 13 y.o.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I sometimes listen to this ambient and mostly mellow instrumental show on a radio station near me called Echoes. Last night John Deliberto(the host)mentioned that one of the guys from the Bay City Rollers put out something in the ambient vein. I found that interesting. It reminded me of when he played something by Wendy and Lisa who were in Prince's band(the Revolution) back in the eighties.

Jon Neudorf
    They came to Saskatoon in May. Suffice to say I missed it.

Regards,
    Jon