Thread: Lindsey Buckingham - any fans?

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Lindsey Buckingham - any fans?

I'm a big fan! I love his voice, his guitar-playing, but especially his gift for songwriting. Songs don't seem much for the first minute and a half, and then suddenly it creeps into your brain, never to let go. The fact that his compositions are often on purpose too short, adds to the frustration, and leave you wanting more.

Also, his acoustic renderings of FM and solo-stuff here it's just amazing:

The only thing I regret is that he kept himself too occupied with Fleetwood Mac. He should have concentrated entirely on his solocarreer since 1987 "Tango In The Night". The stuff from the underestimated "Say You Will" should've been a solo-album.

Any more fans?

Here's a song that could've been a huge FM-hit, if it was on one of their albums:

Hells yes. Very unique player and a fine songwriter. Major, major talent.

A lot of positive things were said about Lindsey Buckingham in the recent thread " Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will" in this section of the forum.

Yeah, big fan of his playing, singing, writing, and engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    A lot of positive things were said about Lindsey Buckingham in the recent thread " Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will" in this section of the forum.
    As Bobert mentioned we just had a long thread on the "Say You Will" album that I started and there is a lot of good Lindsey discussion there. I just saw Fleetwood Mac Wednsday night last week and as usual Buckingham killed it, especially during "I'm So Afraid". Saw him solo in a 400 seat theater last year and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been to (and I have been to hundreds). I actually came to Fleetwood Mac through Buckingham's "From The Cradle" album that I was turned on to back in the day. I think he is a very underated talent in the world of rock n roll.

Steve Sly

just brilliant. a huge talent
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I loved Bill Hader as LB on SNL, but I'm not familiar with the real Lindsey's work.

This week PBS aired 1hr 5min of "Songs From The Small Machine". It was nice to see "All My Sorrows" performed live.

Count me as a fan. His "Go Insane" album is a masterpiece.

Big Love owns!!

HUGE talent imo..
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Definitely one of those guys I have huge respect for talent-wise even though I'm hot and cold on a lot of his actual music.

Dig his playing, love the way he trashes it out with the fingers. He gets lots of passion in his playing.

I like unconventional/original guitarists. Hackett is my favorite, but I like guys like Buckingham too, who don't play like 99% of guitarists. Props to Buckingham for his original approach to the guitar and way of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I loved Bill Hader as LB on SNL.
    I laughed my a** off when the real LB appeared along side the character. It was the season finally a couple of seasons ago.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I've never been a big fan, but thought the music was okay. I respect him as a guitarist; very few can pull off the "minimalist" thing as good as he does. One right note in the right place - he knows how to do that. Not to mention his oddball choice of guitars.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Might like him better than prog - heresy!