Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had a small stroke last week.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Sorry to hear! Get well!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Thanks to all! It's slow going, but it's going!

Glad to hear it, John. I was just wondering about you yesterday. Glad that you checked in.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Glad to hear you are improving.

My dad had something like a stroke (actually a small blood-cloth in his brain) last Tuesday. Luckily I was with him and after calling the family-doctor, I decided to call an ambulance. Currently my dad is in an institute for rehabilitation. Hope he will be back home in a few weeks.

Sounds like your quick action probably helped him, Rarebird. Hope he recovers completely and soon.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Glad to hear you are improving.

My dad had something like a stroke (actually a small blood-cloth in his brain) last Tuesday. Luckily I was with him and after calling the family-doctor, I decided to call an ambulance. Currently my dad is in an institute for rehabilitation. Hope he will be back home in a few weeks.
    I'm sorry to hear this, Renate. All my best wishes to both you and your father.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Best wishes John, I hope you are doing much better!
    Deb S.
    The Prog-Rock Diner www.fcac.org/radio-fairfax
    SUNDAYS 10pm-12am EST

I hope all is well John.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Wow, I hardly ever visit this Community forum, so I completely missed this thread. Really sorry to hear this. I'm echoing everyone's wishes for a speedy recovery.

Again, my thanks to all. I'm getting better bit by bit, but it's a road with months ahead. I remain positive & move ever forward!

Stay strong John, I'm glad you caught it in time and called 911. I'm having to take blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds too. Good luck with your new road to health.

So, just over 7 months in. Fingers still numb. Left side of mouth still numb and tingling. Occasional stiffness in my left foot/left leg/both arms. Seems to depend on my stress levels. As with all things in life, still a work in progress. I remain positive & moving forward. You can't kill me!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

I remain positive & moving forward.
    That is the key. My mother had a stroke recently (on top of all her other health issues) and she's given up completely. She doesn't want to do therapy or anything. She's not paralyzed, her vitals are good, but she can't walk or even sit up without asistance. She has to poop and pee in a diaper so she's become a basket case. It's become a horrible nightmare. She's not "dying" but she needs long-term care, and I'm not sure how I'm gonna deal with this.

Anyway Wilcox, I don't know you from Adam but just stay positive, follow doctor's orders, and keep moving your ass. Don't let depression and anxiety get you. Take whatever meds you need to take and cooperate with everyone who cares about you.

I do all of the above & more. I even go dancing. I love life & I've much to do. The stroke was a setback and a challenge for sure, but I've always enjoyed tackling challenges.

stay strong, brother!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I thought I'd joined you yesterday AM but apparently not

I woke up feeling ill and ended up passing out in my bathroom, started having some chest pains shortly after and spent the day in the hospital yesterday

Had CAT scans and x-rays, all look fine - nothing obviously wrong

They think I pulled a muscle in my chest when I feinted / fell, but my theory is watching the new Osanna DVD two days in a row was perhaps too much excitement

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Hi John, I haven't been on Prog Ears much, so I didn't know this was going on with you! I am so sorry about your ordeal and hope you continue to improve. I have been having serious stress issues myself and have been dealing with numbness. I am hoping to get full access to proper medical care when I move to California in a few days. Stay strong, my friend! I wish you nothing but the best in life! *hugs*

Just over a year later, I'm still here! I still have symptoms, but they have faded a bit, thankfully. I'm a tough SOB. Love to all!

Glad to hear you are doing well and improving. There's too much good stuff out there to give in and give up.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

That's great to hear, John! Keep taking care of yourself.

I do my best to learn from the past but look to the future. Much fun still to be had!