Thread: Movember

Movember

Any other Mo Bros here? My tasch is now 11 days old.

Prostate cancer!!!!

I only just stumbled on this site the other day in a roundabout way - I was reading a blog about hockey history that had an article about great hockey moustaches and it had a link to Movember...although I still can't figure out what it's all about. I've had my 'stache since 2000 anyway.

Basically to raise awareness about prostate cancer (and money for research for same) by the tasche being a talking point. For example, 3 of us today at work in the canteen had other blokes & a couple of women asking us about our new under-nose pets.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! proggrl's Avatar
    At work our CEO has vowed to shave his if we hit a new goal for the United Way pledge. This is the most awesome and epic of taches it can NOT be shaved. I've been urging everyone to donate less. Save the Stache!!!! I do love me some face fur.

Sorry. As you were, gentlemen.
    The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

I haven't been clean shaven since sophomore year of high school.

I don't even remember what I look like. Most people have never seen me beardless and assume I don't own a razor!

I've shaved my mustache twice since I've been with my wife and she did not like it either time. I shaved my goatee as recent as two months ago and my wife almost kicked me out of the bed! Even my chihuahua notice!
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Every month is Movember for me. Others only wish they had a “Franz Josef” as fabulous as mine:

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“Mr. Hero”-Birth Control/Rebirth

That waxed tips look always makes people look like turn of the century body builders. You just need a barbell and a one piece, striped bathing suit to go with it now.

Mike, you da man! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Every month is Movember for me. Others only wish they had a “Franz Josef” as fabulous as mine:
    I must admit, that's pretty awesome. I have facial hair envy.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    bump

meimjustalawnmower
    More often than not I have a beard, but not a moustache on it's own, except for when I was really young with a fu manchu and mutton chops. The damned thing has to be attached to something, otherwise it looks like you've got a caterpillar hangin' off your upper lip. So, for me it's a full beard or clean shaven. All or nothing. My problem now is that my beard is all white so it makes me look just a bit older than I am. I'm low maintenance, so I'm not about to go through a lot of trouble with trimming or dyeing or other shit like that. I don't wanna spend a buncha lady time in the bathroom just for grooming a beard. It defeats the purpose. If I have to clean up, then I'll just shave the fucker off and grow it back later.

Here in the States they've got this "Wear The Gown" thing happening for prostate cancer awareness and prevention. Problem is that I don't know whether it ties in the front or the back.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Movember

Don’t know why I bumped this thread in 2013! This time I’m doing it because I’ve grown a beard for the first time since the ‘90s. So this is only my second beard. It’s only about seven weeks old but doing very well. My wife said it looks like Sean Connery’s beard, so I’ve decided it IS his beard reincarnated. Even though I started growing it before he died. It’s grey with a darker patch in the center. My son has a big beard, and now that he’s home from college until January, this helps me maintain my dominance over the tribe!

What the hell, I’ll post a selfie to help maintain my dominance over PE. Only a very manly man can post as many times as I have, too.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I've been foregoing shaving since March, but then shaving it off once the wifely complaints about it get too frequent. I think I'm on Round 5 now. Each time, she didn't notice I'd shaved for 2 days or so, but the last time she blurted out "I noticed" the same day.