Thread: Seattle Prog Festival Next weekend

Seattle Prog Festival Next weekend

I didnt see any discussion of this startup festival, but it is three days packed with procg rock wit bands such as Thinking Plague and Mirkathon. Check out the link and the interesting performers ligned up at:

seaprog.org and support this first year effort as Seattle needs more prog rock on the scene and especially a festival

Let me guess. You joined this site just so you could promote this festival?

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    You guessed wrong. Have been a member for years, more a lurker than a frequent poster. Just forgot login credentials so signed up again. I have nothing to do with the festival, but with the prog festival being a rare and often unsuccessful venture why not pass it on to a community that might find this of interest.

Every time I see the term "seaprog", I think must be some sort of prog take on sea shanties.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    And so what if he did? It's a Prog festival and this is a prog board.

I have my ticket and will be there. But FYI- it's not next weekend, it's two weeks from now.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Wish I could be there, looks a fantastic event.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Going ...and hope it will feature bands in the next few years that will make it impossible for The Bad one to resist!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Wish I could be there, looks a fantastic event.
    Ditto.

Wow have a great time. MirthKon is fantastic. Some people need to lighten up. This is prog board and people like to advertise their prog music to people that, I don't know, might like to hear it? Don't click the thread if your goign to be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    MirthKon is fantastic.
    Yep. miRthkon and Thinking Plauge are going to be great. I"ve never seen miRthkon, but I saw TP twice, once at Progday and once at NF 13 years ago!

Really looking forward to checking out the other bands too.

I'm actually pretty excited about all the bands, but especially Tone Dogs...! I really dug their albums way back when and very glad to see them do anything in any form under that name.

- Matt

Haven't heard Tone Dogs yet. Pretty exciting to have all these bands in Seattle. Thinking Plague performs Sunday night, the 30th, but also Saturday night in Olympia at an experimental music show. I'd like to see both shows, and since Olympia is closer to me than Seattle, I plan to catch the Olympia show Saturday. Trouble is then I'll miss good stuff Saturday in Seattle. This is not a dilemma we face often in the Northwest.

No, it just seemed a bit suspect to me that his first post since joining was to promote a festival. This is one of those times when I'm glad to be wrong and no there is absolutely nothing wrong with promoting a prog festival or prog. I used to do it a lot myself.

I'll be there for Sunday. Sorry to be missing Mirthkon, but excited for the Sunday line-up!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I AM a Seaprog organizer, but with respect to the site, we have been trying to keep all our posts to a single thread (Introduction to Seaprog bands, or whatever I called it!). I appreciate any threads about it though!

It's just really great to have a progfest in the northwest. (rhyme intended)

I hate Seattle for having a prog fest and I absolutely 100% DESPISE AND LOATHE Las Freaking Vegas for NOT having a prog fest. I know it would never work here, as this town sucks balls for concerts, but it just burns me that we get Rush, most times, Yes and DT once in a while and that's about it. Occasional shows like Opeth/Mastodon last year, if you want to call that prog, but dammit I wish someone other than Celine Dion would play here.

I don't get on these threads too much anymore but this looks kinda cool. I like the edgy aspect of it. I think I saw seaprog mentioned somewhere before and I thought it was like one of those cruise things. heheh (i'm so out of it.)Al the best for my TP homies and the rest of the great folks in the great NW. Wish I were going.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Haven't heard Tone Dogs yet. Pretty exciting to have all these bands in Seattle. Thinking Plague performs Sunday night, the 30th, but also Saturday night in Olympia at an experimental music show. I'd like to see both shows, and since Olympia is closer to me than Seattle, I plan to catch the Olympia show Saturday. Trouble is then I'll miss good stuff Saturday in Seattle. This is not a dilemma we face often in the Northwest.
    it will be lovely to see you again Bill. i don't think we'll know very many folks in Oly, although i've tried to convince some friends to drive down :P

Quote Originally Posted by ffroyd View Post
    I don't get on these threads too much anymore but this looks kinda cool. I like the edgy aspect of it. I think I saw seaprog mentioned somewhere before and I thought it was like one of those cruise things. heheh (i'm so out of it.)All the best for my TP homies and the rest of the great folks in the great NW. Wish I were going.
    thanks Floyd. we'll know you're there in spirit, eh? thanks
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dissonati drummer View Post
    I AM a Seaprog organizer, but with respect to the site, we have been trying to keep all our posts to a single thread (Introduction to Seaprog bands, or whatever I called it!). I appreciate any threads about it though!
    Yes, you've kept the seaprog presence here lean and mean (well, not mean, actually). I would definitely be going if I lived nearby - hope it's a great festival. It's a great lineup, so it should be.

How come no one has complained about how dangerous the host city is for the festival location? That place has folks throwing fish all around and there is a Needle from SPACE!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Great lineup. I really wish I could be there, but Seattle is about as far from me as any place in the Continental US and have no friends there, so... not gonna make it this year, or probably any other year either.

But it certainly is nice to be reminded of awesome music festivals right around the time of NF.

I would definitely come up from Portland to check it out if I didn't already have travel plans that weekend.
    Prog Rocket – An Exploration of Progressive Rock Music