Thread: New Rascal Reporters Compilation Album

New Rascal Reporters Compilation Album

http://rascalreporters.bandcamp.com/...s-tracks-vol-1

Hebbardesque Records is pleased to unveil a new series of Rascal Reporters compilation albums via Bandcamp.com. The first installment, Bonus Tracks, Vol. 1, will be available for download beginning Saturday, June 15, 2013. Expect rarities, outtakes, unreleased demos, and alternate versions that span the Michigan duo's 34-year career, culled from the band's reel-to-reel tape archive. Bonus Tracks, Vol. 1 features an unreleased song from the group's Ridin' On A Bummer LP recording sessions, plus other assorted curiosities like a gorgeous Steve Kretzmer ballad and some of Steve Gore's final recordings. More volumes in this series will follow over the coming months; an archival grab-bag of the kind of weird pop songs, prog-rock puzzlers and sound-on-sound tape experiments that poured the cement in the Rascal Reporters' barrel and rolled it off the pier of public opinion. Let's dive in after them, shall we?

Thanks,
    Brian D.
    (on behalf of Mr. Kretzmer & the family of the late Mr. Gore)
    Raleigh, NC

*Official-release-day bump*

So far, we've sold Rascal Reporters - 'Bonus Tracks, Vol. 1' downloads to Japan, Italy, Germany, and the U.S.A. If you're reading this (and, let's face it, clearly you are reading this) and you appreciate way-out stuff like The Residents or Henry Cow and silly stuff like the music from the television show The Price Is Right, check out this link:

http://rascalreporters.bandcamp.com/...s-tracks-vol-1

Consider joining the world-wide human stampede and savor the sounds of the Rascal Reporters (Steve Kretzmer & former PE member [the late] Steve Gore).

Thanks,
    -Brian D.

world-wide human stampede, eh? ok

i must say, i got this over the weekend and enjoyed it thoroughly. i love their style and this is just a great collection. some of their most tuneful things along with the usual craziness

everyday i miss Steve Gore's energy, humour and music. listening to this set really brought him back for me, if only just for awhile. thanks for that.

and Mr. Kretzmer, as always, just a fabulous composer and human being.

nicely done, Brian and team. all the best with this project

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks, Kim! I know Steve Gore was very fond of you & your music...
    (I'm looking forward to hearing those links you sent me, too!)

IMO, Bonus Tracks, Vol. 1 is a really satisfying listen. I'll start working on Vol. 2 in the next few weeks!