Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: OptiquesJeff..the announcement I did not want to make

Cyndee

So very, very sorry--you do him proud gal! , if theres anything I can send Jeff musically (and I hate saying this as it seems trivial but is all I can offer to help from here in the UK) please let me know. Warrior on the Edge of Time boxset--whatever he wants (if anything at all) PM me.

what a nice gesture

Wow. Very nice, indeed.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Cyndee

So very, very sorry--you do him proud gal! , if theres anything I can send Jeff musically (and I hate saying this as it seems trivial but is all I can offer to help from here in the UK) please let me know. Warrior on the Edge of Time boxset--whatever he wants (if anything at all) PM me.
    WOW.. very touched, and he would really be too.. xoxo.. I will PM you too with our address. . xoxo

Jeff and Cyndee - love you both! Fill your lives with as much happiness and love as you can. If there's anything we can do, please let us know.

I never got around to meeting either of you at festivals but have enjoyed reading many posts here. As someone who survived a car crash and had no right to walk away from, I look at every day I wake up as a good day and an extra one. Please look at every day with Jeff as one more than you could have had. Every moment is special and a gift.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Great sentiment, gryphs.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Magog
    So sorry to hear this news. Stay strong.

Matt

Thank you everyone.. The painkillers are very potent, so he is not as depressed as before he started them. He is wasted much of the time and sleeping lots of the time. It is not any easier for me, however... I am just trying to focus on living in the 'now' with him.. Painful though..

Spend as much time with him as you can and tell him that Ol' Toad is thinking about him.
    Last edited by Mr. Toad; 06-24-2013 at 07:08 PM.

I have taken off from work for the rest of his time.. He does sleep most of the time, which is actually good.. But I try to get him to sit outside with me on nice days.

What Toad said but replace with GEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZEEEERRRRR!! (the way Jeff always greets me whether online or face to face)
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

So sorry to hear this, Cyndee. Good thoughts heading to you and Jeff from this side of the Pond.

Thanks everyone... xoxo

Crap...sorry to just see this, Cyn. Really sorry to read of this development (which is now a week old). Thinking of you both...

i am so sorry to read this news. i'm glad you have each other. i'll continue to send good thoughts and prayers for peace your way. virtual hugs to you both-

Just crushed by this news. I can only imagine what you are going through. Peace to you both.

Thanks everyone... Yes, I am devastated to watch him diminish in front of my eyes. Thankfully, the meds are powerful enough that he doesn't have any idea what is going on most of the time. He is either very wasted, or usually sleeping.. It's just me alone, watching him go away... His Mom does come over every day, and we have had some friends stop over, which is good. I have decreased the amount of visitors now, though, since he needs more quiet for sleeping.. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but really appreciate all of your love and support during this time.. I will need it for after, too..

No one here is going anywhere, Cyn.

In 2003 I went through the same thing you're enduring right now when I watched my soulmate, Karen (and while I love Kay, who I re-connected with in 2006 after 32 years, even she knows that I'll never stop grieving) fade away just 5 weeks after her initial cancer diagnosis.

I only relate this so that you know if you want to talk to someone anytime who has indeed walked in your shoes, PM me.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    No one here is going anywhere, Cyn.

In 2003 I went through the same thing you're enduring right now when I watched my soulmate, Karen (and while I love Kay, who I re-connected with in 2006 after 32 years, even she knows that I'll never stop grieving) fade away just 5 weeks after her initial cancer diagnosis.

I only relate this so that you know if you want to talk to someone anytime who has indeed walked in your shoes, PM me.
    So sorry for your loss Geezer... This is the most cruel disease ever.. Jeff calls it, "death by 1000 cuts". Yes, it's cutting him slowly, but also me.. watching helplessly. All I can do is try to comfort him as much as possible..

I wish both of you peace and the strength to carry on through what must be a living nightmare.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    I wish both of you peace and the strength to carry on through what must be a living nightmare.
    Thank you.. that is exactly what it is. In the back of my mind I feel like I will wake up and it'll just be a nightmare and everything will be back to normal again. Or back to: "he is not dying afterall"..

Cyndee I'm praying for you both - even though I never met Jeff he seems like a lovely guy - my heart goes out to you both at this time.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you both and picturing you surrounded by peace and strength. When my father was on hospice, the worker was an angel for me because I could speak with her about anything and she was such a comfort. I spoke to her about things I could not say to my mother because she wouldn't talk about death. I hope you have someone like that who you can voice all your concerns to.