Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: OptiquesJeff..the announcement I did not want to make

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Oh Jeff.Miss You!

Cyndee,you are just a wonderful.

Jorge Ben & Lucinha Lins - Georgia e Jorge

Thank you xoxo....

Tomorrow, I will be going to a jeweler to design a new ring from our 2 wedding rings, plus an amethyst I had gotten years ago, plus maybe a few more small amethysts and/or diamonds. I am looking forward to being able to wear both of our rings as one, to always remind me of him forever..

Come to Progday, damnit!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Come to Progday, damnit!
    I really do have to go back to work, and instead of Progday, will plan a trip to (probably) Ireland, or (possibly) Italy around Octoberish.. Gotta get a new passport, since mine has expired.. I know, I'd like to see all of you, too.. Need tons of hugs, and know I'd get 'em at Progday! But.. I also think that taking a trip alone will be very healing for me... Never know what will happen next year, though. xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by ViolinCyndee View Post
    Thank you xoxo....

Tomorrow, I will be going to a jeweler to design a new ring from our 2 wedding rings, plus an amethyst I had gotten years ago, plus maybe a few more small amethysts and/or diamonds. I am looking forward to being able to wear both of our rings as one, to always remind me of him forever..
    That's a wonderful idea -- it will be beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    That's a wonderful idea -- it will be beautiful!
    Thank you Vicki! The rings are at the jeweler now, and I am very excited about the design I came up with.. It will take a few weeks--cant wait to see the finished product!

My Mom did that after my Dad passed away. Everytime I see my Mom wearing that ring I think of my Dad. I think it's a beautiful thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    My Mom did that after my Dad passed away. Everytime I see my Mom wearing that ring I think of my Dad. I think it's a beautiful thing to do.
    Thank you! Our 2 rings will be visible, as though they are both on my finger, one stacked on top of the other but fused into one ring. (his ring will be sized to my finger size). Then, my 4 carat pear-shaped amethyst will be on top, with a row of diamonds along the side of the stone..

That sounds really cool. Very creative idea, Cyndee.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Thank you! Our 2 rings will be visible, as though they are both on my finger, one stacked on top of the other but fused into one ring. (his ring will be sized to my finger size). Then, my 4 carat pear-shaped amethyst will be on top, with a row of diamonds along the side of the stone..
    It sounds beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    It sounds beautiful.
    I echo this. And a lovely idea.

Thanks everyone.... It will take a few weeks. Can't wait to see it!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    sounds beautiful!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Cyndee,

I am truly saddened to hear of the loss of such a great guy. My heart and deepest sympathy goes out to you. In honor of Jeff, I will dance in the aisles at Yestival and scream "YOWZA"
    Get wise.........solarize !!

Quote Originally Posted by Erogenous Zone View Post
    Cyndee,

I am truly saddened to hear of the loss of such a great guy. My heart and deepest sympathy goes out to you. In honor of Jeff, I will dance in the aisles at Yestival and scream "YOWZA"
    Thank you Ed... xoxo

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing, Cyndee.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing, Cyndee.
    Thank you so much for checking on me. Things are totally different, of course, but the worst is behind me. I just couldn't take watching him suffer, and wither away in front of me. Very painful memories... I am trying to focus on the time we had before he got sick, and also keeping very busy.. Looking forward to getting my new ring soon--made from the fusion of our wedding rings...

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    ....made from the fusion of our wedding rings...
    Hmm. Fusion. Then there's the amethyst (aka Rock). And, the whole idea you have going here is definitely Progressive. Now you have a cool idea that's even cooler!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Hmm. Fusion. Then there's the amethyst (aka Rock). And, the whole idea you have going here is definitely Progressive. Now you have a cool idea that's even cooler!
    Thanks... xoxo

Cyndee - please be sure to post pics of your new jewelry when it's finished. I'm sure many here would love to see it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Cyndee - please be sure to post pics of your new jewelry when it's finished. I'm sure many here would love to see it.
    Thanks for taking an interest... xoxo

photo.JPG

Here's the ring I got made from our wedding rings. I had his ring sized down to fit me, then added the amethyst I had for years, and got some diamonds added, too.. It sparkles much more in real life than this pic shows..

It looks beautiful, Cyndee!

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the photo. We can only capture a glimpse of it's intangible meaning, but the picture reveals a lovely ring Cyndee. We can all add sparkles to the diamonds from our end.

Wow. That's really nice. They did a great job with it. Looks really cool with the two bands.