Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: OptiquesJeff..the announcement I did not want to make

Cyndee, I'm so sorry! I haven't been on PE for ages, Jim just let me know.

Our strength and love to you both. Wrap my arms around you, Dear.

Geezer is so right:
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    No one here is going anywhere, Cyn.
    Let us know if we can help.
    --Klaatu barada nikto

Hi Cyn, I'm glad I had the chance to chat with you the other night(under my other username Mike413). We are all here for you to tell us how you are feeling and what you are going through in this very difficult time. Please stay strong and know that we are all here for you if you need us.

Thank you everyone.. I know I have to be strong for him.. He needs me, so I am trying to be everything he needs now, as much as possible.. He is really starting to become increasingly incoherent, with moments of lucidity in between sleeping. So, so sad to see..

UPDATE: Jeff has been on hospice in our home for 2 1/2 weeks now.. Things are slowing down for him. He has had fluid retention in his foot and ankle for days, and severe drymouth. He needs help walking even a few feet to the bathroom, and is in his hospital bed in the livingroom all night and all day. The painkillers are extremely potent, and essential for him at this point. Not only do they help him with the sharp pain under his rib, but they also relax him, and let him sleep, rather than thinking about what is to come. This has been the most surreal and difficult time of our lives, and we are so lucky to have all of your support and love. I couldn't be as strong as I am without all of you.

Cyndee, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine how unbearable it must be for you to watch the man you love go through this. Nobody should ever have to experience what you and Jeff are going through. We are here for you and will continue to be here for you. Much love.

Cyn - The only thing I can say is I do know exactly how you feel, and you're very wise to reach out for strength and support. It's much healthier than becoming a recluse like a certain lost man did for 5 months in 2003.

I can't help but hurt with you.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Indeed, in varying degrees, I'm sure we're all hurting with you. Here's hoping there is still a place in your day for a smile (and for Jeff too).

Cyndee, it was nice meeting and chatting with you last Saturday on Aural Moon, although I wish it were under different circumstances.
    Wishing you all the strength in the world. Take care.

So very well said. I echo the sentiments.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote from Jeff, from last night:
    "I am going to miss you so much, even if I don't know it."

Quote Originally Posted by ViolinCyndee View Post
    That just about broke my heart. I'm getting all bleary eyed. I feel so bad for you both.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Yes, well said by you Lopez. Also well said by Jeff. If I may I would paraphrase his statement back through Cyndee to Jeff with my own feelings:

"We (@PE) are going to miss you so much, even if you don't know it."

Heavy hearts all around. Godspeed.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Ah jeez. That brings tears.

Praying and hoping for peace, Cyndee.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

One of the main reasons I've always been fond of Jeff is his sensitivity. I don't know if there's anyone else besides me, who doesn't grasp evangelical religious fervor, but it's times like these that almost make me want to be wrong, so Jeff (& my Karen, who I lost in 2003) DO know.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

One of the main reasons I've always been fond of Jeff is his sensitivity. I don't know if there's anyone else besides me, who doesn't grasp evangelical religious fervor, but it's times like these that almost make me want to be wrong, so Jeff (& my Karen, who I lost in 2003) DO know.
    I am not a religious person, but I've had many spiritual experiences which lead me to believe that loving link will still be there. None of us can know for sure what happens after death, but we'll all find out. If we do carry on in some form, then Jeff will still be experiencing that love. If we do cease altogether, then he will be at peace and you will still have the love you shared within your own being. Those loving experiences will always be there for you. I hope you do not find this post preachy or intrusive, I just wanted to let you know that I understand these thoughts because they've been foremost in my mind since my father passed last year. Love to you both.

Just saw this thread today, and read with a heavy heart. I do not post here frequently, but read a lot
    of the threads here. Though I don't know you or Jeff personally, the two of you have always come across
    as friendly, knowledgeable, and classy. I'll pray for perseverance and strength for you Cyndee. I greatly admire
    what you are doing, and how you have been handling it. God Bless you!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

i cried when I read that.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

not to be religious, but there have been things i experienced that makes me realize that there is something after. that is all i will say on that, other than to say i do not like referring to people in the past tense. it makes them sound like objects to me....

but jeff will always be with us-in our hearts and minds and spirit.

Sorry to hear about this Cyndee. I don't know what to say. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    not to be religious, but there have been things i experienced that makes me realize that there is something after. that is all i will say on that, other than to say i do not like referring to people in the past tense. it makes them sound like objects to me....

but jeff will always be with us-in our hearts and minds and spirit.

I don't think Geezer was referring to Jeff in the past tense.. (maybe you meant him referring to Karen?). Anyway, Jeff's time is now, but then it will be no more, so I do not have a problem with referring to him in the past tense at the appropriate time.. I will lovingly remember him and the time we have had, though, finite. I HAVE had to remind people that he is still here, though, when they have already started referring to him in the past tense now.

I don't think there is anything after, so my time with Jeff is even more precious to me now...

Really appreciate all of your support and love.

I don't think Geezer was referring to Jeff in the past tense.. (maybe you meant him referring to Karen?). Anyway, Jeff's time is now, but then it will be no more, so I do not have a problem with referring to him in the past tense at the appropriate time.. I will lovingly remember him and the time we have had, though, finite. I HAVE had to remind people that he is still here, though, when they have already started referring to him in the past tense now.

I don't think there is anything after, so my time with Jeff is even more precious to me now...

Really appreciate all of your support and love.
    actually, I was just saying it in general. I had not even noticed how Geezer said anything about Jeff or Karen.

Whether or not there is anything after, all time with loved ones is precious. As I said before, you and Jeff are the epitome of "soul mates".

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    actually, I was just saying it in general. I had not even noticed how Geezer said anything about Jeff or Karen.

Whether or not there is anything after, all time with loved ones is precious. As I said before, you and Jeff are the epitome of "soul mates".
    Thank you Jen... Yes, time is very precious, and we only have a very little time.. It's ok that he is sleeping away most of the time. I only care that he is comfortable..

Jeff.Love.Cyndee.I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Jeff.Love.Cyndee.I love you.
    xoxo

Cyndee,

My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.