Thread: Four brand new AltrOck/Fading titles in stock

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nice, certainly picking up the NOGS (this could be my favorite band acronym) and Rhun, will need to check out the other 2.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Ordered all four.

The descriptions of all 4 sound fantastic. I'll be certain to pick them up.

wow! interesting label!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    wow! interesting label!
    Yes, indeed !

Have all four, and enjoing them big time.

Also I'm really looking Forward to the FEM Prog Band and Breznew Fun Club new releases. Any idea of a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yes, indeed !

Have all four, and enjoing them big time.

Also I'm really looking Forward to the FEM Prog Band and Breznew Fun Club new releases. Any idea of a release date?
    For some reason the Breznev Fun Club one never connected with me, one of the few whiffs in my AltrOck collection.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I also fired on all 4, as well as a couple of Soleil Zeuhl titles I've been meaning to pick up. Happy Father's Day to me!

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Any thoughts or sounds on Homunculus Res? The description sounds excellent but I've never heard of the band before this.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Any thoughts or sounds on Homunculus Res? The description sounds excellent but I've never heard of the band before this.
    I found these on YouTube. I can only imagine it's the same band - and there some Canterburian motifs.

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

And from La Coscienza di Zeno's new one:

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Got all four - perhaps the most exciting bunch since Soleil Zeuhl has released 5 albums at once.

Excellent releases, all. The Rhun is really impressing me. Looking forward for more from them. Homunculus Res is a surprise. I had not heard anything about them when I ordered but I was treating myself so got all 4. It is pretty wacky stuff but very entertaining. NAGS lives up to its pedigree, superb! And La Coscienza di Zeno's new one stands well with their stunning debut.

I found these 4 in my mailbox when I got home from vacation

Rhun is a really interesting record. I am not a giant Zheul fan but I am enjoying this one more with each spin. I also hear a bit of VDGGish chaos in their sound. Lovely release!

Not a good sign. Quite honestly I am a tad disappointed but this is mainly due to my expectations. They were sky high. I expected something of the level or 1000 autunni of Labyrinto d’aqua. With other words: I expected it to be brilliant but the record is ‘just’ very good. I am getting over it and enjoying this record a lot right now. Dark heavy prog. Great vocals. For me the standout track is ‘Witchcraft by picture’.

Homunculus Res is indeed a pleasant surprise. Very entertaining canteburish prog. Nothing spectacular but very enjoyable.

La Coscienza di Zeno is not really for me. Sounds to me like pretty standard symphonic prog. Well crafted and played and I guess others will find plenty to enjoy but not for me.

And another I found in my mailbox:
    October Equus - Permafrost
    This is not offcially out yet but I got this early because I contributed to their crowdfunding campaign. After 1 spin I was quite sure this was considerably less good then their previous release. However, after a couple of more spins I am not so sure anymore. The lineup is stripped down to a 4-piece band so it sounds a lot more sober. It also sounds a lot more spontaneous and has a more live-feel. Some great tunes and some great jazzy playing. Right now I am enjoying this a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I found these 4 in my mailbox when I got home from vacation

Rhun is a really interesting record. I am not a giant Zheul fan but I am enjoying this one more with each spin. I also hear a bit of VDGGish chaos in their sound. Lovely release!

Not a good sign. Quite honestly I am a tad disappointed but this is mainly due to my expectations. They were sky high. I expected something of the level or 1000 autunni of Labyrinto d’aqua. With other words: I expected it to be brilliant but the record is ‘just’ very good. I am getting over it and enjoying this record a lot right now. Dark heavy prog. Great vocals. For me the standout track is ‘Witchcraft by picture’.

And another I found in my mailbox:
    October Equus - Permafrost
    This is not offcially out yet but I got this early because I contributed to their crowdfunding campaign. After 1 spin I was quite sure this was considerably less good then their previous release. However, after a couple of more spins I am not so sure anymore. The lineup is stripped down to a 4-piece band so it sounds a lot more sober. It also sounds a lot more spontaneous and has a more live-feel. Some great tunes and some great jazzy playing. Right now I am enjoying this a lot.
    I had pretty much the same reaction to Rhun & NAGS, for some reason I seem to prefer Italian vocalists when they sing in Italian, I'd also have liked more from the NSRO vocalist, Sharron Fortnam. October Equus is definitely in my next order.
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 07-05-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Ian

Unfortunately, the Not A Good Sign is not in stock. But the La Coscienza and Castle Fusion have arrived. Haven't spun them yet.