Thread: Il Biglietto per L'Inferno new release with L'Amico Suicida LONG VERSION!

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar

Il Biglietto per L'Inferno new release with L'Amico Suicida LONG VERSION!

http://www.btf.it/default.asp?ij=3&q...&opt=dettaglio

Probably not "news" enough for most but it is for me
    Previously the only way of hearing this longer version on CD was the Japanese SHM release.
    I haven't delved too much in this but apparently the long version appeared on LP?

Anyway, that SHM release is nigh impossible to find at a good price. So this release comes as a blessing. Not talking about audio quality here though, that was great on the SHM according to Jeff. Dunno about this new one. But I'm happy I can listen to this song and not paying €60 for it

Also at Progstreaming for the time being:
    http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pag...%20L%60Inferno
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Great way to start the morning!

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    I do have the boxset. I like it a lot. Though some purists don't like the way they changed the second album. I don't mind. Sounds more coherent this way.
    I'm pretty sure this new mini LP fits inside the box if I want to
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    Previously the only way of hearing this longer version on CD was the Japanese SHM release.
    The first CD issue on Vinyl Magic had the correct ("long") version. The mistake that edited out a minute or so of "L'Amico Suicida" started with the Trident CD and strangely seemed to just continue for a long time. I guess the vinyl reissue and the boxset used that same, messed up transfer as a source.

The "SHM" was a fresh vinyl transfer done in Italy. Unlike other SHMs in that series, it sounded great.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    The first CD issue on Vinyl Magic had the correct ("long") version.
    I was going to say...

I've had the original vinyl since the early '80s and picked up the VM CD when it first came out and didn't recall there being a difference between the versions.

oh ok, now i get why suddenly everythings went badly out of tune for a second, i always thought there had been some sort of tape problem there. Makes more sense in this "long" version, definitely.

I have a question.
    Ïs the new BTF mastering the same than the SHM Japan edition?
    Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ozric75 View Post
    I have a question.
    Ïs the new BTF mastering the same than the SHM Japan edition?
    Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    Does anyone know the answer?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ozric75 View Post
    Does anyone know the answer?
    Thanks,
    Did you email BTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    I was going to say...

I've had the original vinyl since the early '80s and picked up the VM CD when it first came out and didn't recall there being a difference between the versions.
    Me too. Mind you, my vinyl was the 80s repro and not the original but the versions of “L’amico suicida” were the same on that and on my CD. What’s up with the edited version? It seems to me the album was pretty short to begin with. The CD tacks on an instrumental coda based on “Confessione,” which I think works very well in a “theme and variations” sort of way.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"You can take the war out of the soldier, but you can't raise that soldier from the dead."
    --Shona Laing

N.P.:“Absinthe”-NeBeLNeST

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Me too. Mind you, my vinyl was the 80s repro and not the original but the versions of “L’amico suicida” were the same on that and on my CD. What’s up with the edited version? It seems to me the album was pretty short to begin with. The CD tacks on an instrumental coda based on “Confessione,” which I think works very well in a “theme and variations” sort of way.
    I believe Mauro Moroni once stated that the "edited" version was actually the result of a mistake when the LP was transferred again for the Trident CD version. For some reason that same edit/mistake remained on the boxset mastering also.

Btw, we're talking about less than a minute that was deleted. When I was talking about this years ago I couldn't hardly find anyone who was aware of it. I guess now it's a way to "sell" a new version.

The SHM CD was not mastered in Japan. It was a fresh vinyl transfer done in Italy. If they are using that same transfer, it's well worth picking up, because even though the old Vinyl Magic CD version was complete, it was tinny and treble heavy compared to the more recent job. IMO the new transfer smokes the Vinyl Magic CD, but I have no idea if BTF are using that same transfer used for the SHM now. My guess is that they would be, but I already have the SHM and don't much care.