Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best venues for progressive rock

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    As much as I liked the two venues Rosfest was located before the current one I do think the Majestic theater is probably the best one for Rosfest. It is also the perfect size. The first one was too small but the second one was too big. As goldilocks would say this one is just right.
    The current one is the best. The Keswick was the location of my first ROSfest and the sound was good but depended on the band it could be good or too loud which devastated the acoustics.

The Bottom Line in NYC was a great club. Saw Holdsworth, Annie Haslam and Trey Gunn there. New York University (the money grubbing bastards) didn't renew their lease and it went bye-bye. I'll never forgive NYU for that. Shitty school where people who can't get into Ivy League colleges go to pretend.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Would cast my vote for NYC-Radio City Music Hall----Saw many great shows there---the final US Porcupine Tree show--DT Score---and US premier of DSoTM by Floyd..The incredible art deco beauty of the venue and solid acoustics help to seal the deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prognosticator View Post
    Would cast my vote for NYC-Radio City Music Hall----Saw many great shows there---the final US Porcupine Tree show--DT Score---and US premier of DSoTM by Floyd..The incredible art deco beauty of the venue and solid acoustics help to seal the deal.
    Yeh, I saw Sting's first solo tour there. Just awesome sound. Also saw Joe Jackson there in the 80's, again awesome sound.

Did PT sell out Radio City Music Hall???

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    The Variety Playhouse here in Atlanta seems to be the best place for Prog & Fusion-type of things.
    Saw Greg Lake there about 3 or 4 years ago. Although it was more like 2 sets of Greg Lake Karaoke. Still a nice venue. Also saw Bob Mould there in 1998.

Don't think that PT at RCMH was an official sell out. Certainly 90-95% from my vantage point. A special set list that included acoustic set and old psych workouts.

If you're in Florida, internet radio.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prognosticator View Post
    Don't think that PT at RCMH was an official sell out. Certainly 90-95% from my vantage point. A special set list that included acoustic set and old psych workouts.
    PT with Robert Fripp at Town Hall near Times Square sold out. Town Hall is a good venue, not sure about all of the prog acts.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Town Hall is a nice venue.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.