Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nektar - Time Machine (Music Video) 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gibberish View Post
    Gerardo, I pretty much like the whole album after 5 or so listens. I've been posting a bit on Nektar's Facebook page and it seems to fall on deaf ears. I understand that the band is on tour, but there is a lack of involvement to the fans that are trying to support them. Mick is involved here a bit and as a post above stated, Mick contributed in many ways beyond lights. I think that if it wasn't for Mick, there wouldn't be a Nektar anymore. A little involvement could go a long way if Nektar really wants to stay in the game. Sorry to sound so bitter as I really like the band a lot.
    Me too. I like the record very much. It's the one cd I've been playing the most lately and with so many repeated listens, I even like the most accessible songs on it and now understand it balances the album pretty well with the epic longer songs. I would like to see some band participation on their facebook page. Maybe Roye should say hi every now and then. Speaking of which, It would have been nice if Roye had written some liner notes in the covers album 'A Spoonful of Time' explaining why he chose and/or the reasoning of the selection of the songs. Most of them I like, but I'm baffled as to why they chose to cover Rush's "Spirit of the Radio". I thought it was an odd choice.

I opted not to buy "A Spoonful Of time but I came close. I liked their version of The Doors and 10cc, but something drew me away from it. Maybe the fact that it was cover songs.

I'm enjoying "Time Machine" very much. Most of the music scratches an itch with some atypical tunes thrown in to keep the listener's attention.

I have all of Nektar's releases but avoided "Spoonful..." because I'd didn't particularly care for the selected songs & the way they were presented. If Steve Hackett or David Gilmour released just such a cover CD I would give it a listen, but probably pass.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like