Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nektar - Time Machine (Music Video) 2013

Nektar - Time Machine (Music Video) 2013

Cool ! Nice leads..jammin' !

Wow, this is great!! Billy Sherwood's bass playing fits Nektar like a glow. I'm very much looking forward for the new album.

Interesting. Will need to hear more. Good for Nektar getting their music out there before their tour.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

The entire album is a free preview listen before buying here: www.spotify.com

I bought the MP3 of Time Machine from Amazon ( nice price too, 6.99) and after the first listen I can tell all the Nektar fans this, you will not be disappointed , this is one excellent album. I am very happy with it and look forward to many more listens.

I will get the physical cd when I see them next week but I just couldn't wait, I am a long time fan of the band and they have made a gem here.
    Last edited by bobert; 06-23-2013 at 01:38 PM.

That's great to hear!

Do we know if they'll have physical CDs with them? They blew that when "Evolution" came out.

A physical CD is on sale on Amazon. I'll bite because of bobert's review.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    That's great to hear!

Do we know if they'll have physical CDs with them? They blew that when "Evolution" came out.

I guess I'm just assuming that they'll have them, if not I'll get it somewhere else.

I haven't posted on PE for some time, but I'm getting pumped with some of the bands coming around lately. I remember some of the above names on the Nektar forum back when Clay was causing issues that canceled the tour. I did see them in Milw. a couple of years ago and will see them in a couple of weeks, tho, and I'm glad that Nektar is stiill doing their stuff.

Now it has been officially released, I have finally heard all the tracks from Juggernaut/Time Machine which were written almost a year ago.
    The album is really outstanding... some of the best stuff Roye has written in the last ten years, so I fail to understand why a pre-tour OR pre-sale promotion track was never released to entice demand.
    It will be a huge shame if this new album is overlooked or doesn't do as well as it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    so I fail to understand why a pre-tour OR pre-sale promotion track was never released to entice demand.
    This doesn't surprise me at all. Build it and they will come seems to be the mantra.

Great news, and thanks for the heads up. Will be buying one for myself and brother who is also a long time Nektar fan and birthday is coming up. Wish they were coming to the west coast, saw them in Santa Rosa last time and they were great live as always.

Received my CD in the mail today. On first listen, I'm quite impressed. For sure
    some of the best stuff from Roye in years. I'll be seeing Nektar Live on Friday
    06-21, Tuesday 06-25, and Wednesday 06-26. Can't wait !!

Scott

I can't recall. Who's the touring band? Is Sherwood touring with Ron and Roye? Who's on keys?

It seems to me that Nektar will have the same guys that did the Space Invasion tour, Roye, Ron, Klaus Henatsch and Lux Vibratus. I really liked Lux plunkin' on the low strings and he really seemed to be enjoying playing with Nektar 2 years ago.

Just ordered Time Machine, so I am hoping I will get it in time to give it a couple of spins before June 28. Looking forward to Nektar in Milwaukee.

I can't recall. Who's the touring band? Is Sherwood touring with Ron and Roye? Who's on keys?

Klaus Henatsch is and has been the keyboard player, both in the studio and on tour for a while now. And Lux Vibratus will play bass on this tour as he did on the last one.

Sad lack of discussion on TM, but I'm no better as I've had the disc for over a week and didn't want to post until I had a few spins in

I was planning on the Va gig that was cancelled last week, which didn't help motivation wise I suppose

Mellowing out on my fifth spin with some coffee and mudslide as I type

Pretty good CD, I would rate it along with the better songs from Evolution and Book of Days, I especially have connected with the closing cut, Diamond Eyes

Some things about it do cause me some concern however, the main one being that the sound of the CD has a very "digital" feel to it, and I think a more organic feel would have been a plus

I have a more minor quibble with the lyrics, as I find even the proggier numbers lacking in some of the imagery that the classic material featured

Mick B could have been really helpful here IMO

Still, all in all, a good one worth hearing

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Sad lack of discussion on TM, but I'm no better as I've had the disc for over a week and didn't want to post until I had a few spins in

I was planning on the Va gig that was cancelled last week, which didn't help motivation wise I suppose

Pretty good CD, I would rate it along with the better songs from Evolution and Book of Days, I especially have connected with the closing cut, Diamond Eyes

Some things about it do cause me some concern however, the main one being that the sound of the CD has a very "digital" feel to it, and I think a more organic feel would have been a plus

I have a more minor quibble with the lyrics, as I find even the proggier numbers lacking in some of the imagery that the classic material featured

BG
    I'm into my second listen and agree with the electronic sound. Especially, Ron's drums. My first impressions are mostly positive. They have a matured sound like some of Evolution (think "Always"). Very polished, I'd say. I think the songwriting is very good and the musicianship is, as expected, top-notch. I don't hear as much edge as with "Evolution" (like "Camouflage to White" or "The Debate").

I'll still wait for a few more spins to see what does sand doesn't grow on me before I add more about specific songs. I haven't read any lyrics yet.

I'm into my second listen and agree with the electronic sound. Especially, Ron's drums.
    Exactly, that and the keyboards

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post

BG
    I thought that Mick B did the light show? Didn't know he wrote any lyrics for the band.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I thought that Mick B did the light show? Didn't know he wrote any lyrics for the band.
    Mick contributed in many ways beyond lights.

(Edited.)
    Last edited by ronmac; 06-24-2013 at 06:31 PM.

I like 'Time Machine'. Very good album. To these ears, the standout track is the title track followed by "A Better Way", "Destiny", "Diamond Eyes", and "If Only I Could". "Set Me Free, Amigo", "Mocking the Moon", and "Talk to Me" are the most accessible tracks with the latter being my favorite of the three. "Mocking the Moon" is probably the most commercial sounding song on the record. "Juggernaut" is a nice instrumental. Overall, I'd say very good on the first few listens.
    Last edited by Gerardo; 06-24-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Gerardo, I pretty much like the whole album after 5 or so listens. I've been posting a bit on Nektar's Facebook page and it seems to fall on deaf ears. I understand that the band is on tour, but there is a lack of involvement to the fans that are trying to support them. Mick is involved here a bit and as a post above stated, Mick contributed in many ways beyond lights. I think that if it wasn't for Mick, there wouldn't be a Nektar anymore. A little involvement could go a long way if Nektar really wants to stay in the game. Sorry to sound so bitter as I really like the band a lot.