Thread: Fantasy Paint A Picture LP, yours for only $1,068

Fantasy Paint A Picture LP, yours for only $1,068

Overpriced, based on the condition of that particular copy & what the LP has sold for in the past.

Or you could save $1,052

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    Or you could save $1,052
    Sure, but for that price you don't get the warped cover and ticks on the last track which makes this item so valuable.

From my limited knowledge of ebay it seems that no one has actually bid this amount, correct? Only that some crazy record shop owner thinks someone might buy it...

Funny the amount is probably more than the original group made by recording the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    From my limited knowledge of ebay it seems that no one has actually bid this amount, correct? Only that some crazy record shop owner thinks someone might buy it...

Funny the amount is probably more than the original group made by recording the thing!
    Or what it cost to record it !

Hey I'd love to have an original copy of PaP. I'd pay 50-60 bucks for one in really good condition.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Well, considering one was sold for $1,758 a few years ago...

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksear...ure%22&x=0&y=0

I can't say I wouldn't ask a lot. Although, condition is not quite there.

I will say that is one hideous cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Hey I'd love to have an original copy of PaP. I'd pay 50-60 bucks for one in really good condition.
    Good luck with that... really good condition would run you at least $400 on the low end (see popsike auctions).

I just found G. M. Fitz-Gerald's Mouseproof and I don't even have to pay those 200£ for it. As for PaP, I'm content owning one of the many vinyl reissues.

BTW, if you want to track down a truly expensive 'prog-related' record, have a go at one of those handmade-cover originals of Around the Edges by Dark. Last time I heard of a copy, it was nearly three times the cost of this PaP.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I just found G. M. Fitz-Gerald's Mouseproof and I don't even have to pay those 200£ for it. As for PaP, I'm content owning one of the many vinyl reissues.

BTW, if you want to track down a truly expensive 'prog-related' record, have a go at one of those handmade-cover originals of Around the Edges by Dark. Last time I heard of a copy, it was nearly three times the cost of this PaP.
    The last nice copy I saw on ebay sold (that's right sold) for about $11,000. We're talking museum pieces here.

As John stated, I've seen nice copies of Paint of Picture go for around $400-$500. I wouldn't mind one myself, but can't justify the price (for some records, maybe I would pay that. But not PaP). Especially since I have the Second Battle and Si-Wan vinyl editions already.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    The last nice copy I saw on ebay sold (that's right sold) for about $11,000. We're talking museum pieces here.
    You're absolutely correct as always, Tom; now that I've checked, that Dark Around the Edges copy must have been one of the initial "ordinary" originals - and definitely not one of the hand-mades.

I've got an acquaintance whose most priced possession is an original (i.e. non-boot, of which there are plenty) version of Charles Manson's Lie - signed by that SOB himself. He was offered 5000£ for that piece of shit. Good to know that the Dark thing still doubles that.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM