Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Somebody post some pictures of when Stevie Nicks was hot. I can't be arsed, but I want to see some.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I will post one as soon as I get time. Went to see Gov't Mule tonight and will post one for that too. Probably sometime this weekend.
    My vote is for the FW review as I have no clue what a Govt Mule is.

Oh Gruno, where have you been hiding yourself? There must be a Gov't Mule thread here every six months, if not more.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Oh Gruno, where have you been hiding yourself? There must be a Gov't Mule thread here every six months, if not more.
    Thanks for the vid -- I might have heard them a time or two before. Does nothing for me. Seems like Toto meets Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Thanks for the vid -- I might have heard them a time or two before. Does nothing for me. Seems like Toto meets Mountain.
    Gov't Mule was started back in the mid-90's as an offshoot of the Allman Brothers Band. Warren Haynes and Allan Woody were both members of the Allmans. I guess I would call them a blues based jam band. If you like that kind of stuff they are one of the best out there in my opinion. I discovered them through this forum as there are lots of fans here. Warren Haynes is one of the best known blues oriented guitarists out there today and has literally played with just about everybody at tone time or another.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Gov't Mule was started back in the mid-90's as an offshoot of the Allman Brothers Band. Warren Haynes and Allan Woody were both members of the Allmans. I guess I would call them a blues based jam band. If you like that kind of stuff they are one of the best out there in my opinion. I discovered them through this forum as there are lots of fans here. Warren Haynes is one of the best known blues oriented guitarists out there today and has literally played with just about everybody at tone time or another.
    The highlighted parts must be the reason their music holds zero interest for me.

Now about that Fleetwood Mac show you saw...

The show was great. These guys are all getting old, but still can put on a great show. For me Lindsey Buckingham is still the highlight. He is still in great shape and can wail the hell out of a guitar. His solo at the end of “I’m So Afraid” has become Fleetwood Mac’s “Comfortably Numb”. Simply a stunning solo spot with great lighting that raises Goosebumps on your skin. Stevie Nicks was less animated than the last time around (she is really starting to show her age in her stage movements), but her voice is still in good shape. She does not attempt to hit the really high notes anymore, but her lower register almost sounds more husky and powerful than back in the day and she uses that to her advantage. John McVie and Mick Fleetwood were solid on the bottom as always. Fleetwood is one of the few drummers out there that is able to make a drum solo entertaining. He may not be Neal Peart, but he is sure fun to watch. The band were augmented by a keyboard player, 2nd guitarist, 2 background vocalists, and what appeared to be a 2nd drummer behind the amps at the back of the stage. Every once in a while you could see his drum sticks up above the top of the amps. Not sure what that was all about as he was never introduced, but he was definitely there. Anyway, great show overall. Here is the set list:

SECOND HAND NEWS
    THE CHAIN
    DREAMS
    SAD ANGEL
    RHIANNON
    NOT THAT FUNNY
    TUSK
    SISTERS OF THE MOON
    SARA
    BIG LOVE
    LANDSLIDE
    NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN
    WITHOUT YOU
    GYPSY
    EYES OF THE WORLD
    GOLD DUST WOMAN
    I’M SO AFRAID
    STAND BACK
    GO YOUR OWN WAY
    ENCORE:
    WORLD TURNING / DRUM SOLO
    DON’T STOP
    ENCORE:
    SILVER SPRING
    SAY GOODBYE

Steve Sly

On those videos of "The Dance" you can occasionally glimpse a 2nd drummer.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    On those videos of "The Dance" you can occasionally glimpse a 2nd drummer.
    Yes, they have toured with 2nd drummers before and did have on the dance. He was in the background, but still quite visible. The last time I saw them in 2006 they had a 2nd drummer, but he was right out on stage with everyone else. It just seemed wierd having a guy completely out of view.

Steve Sly