Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Influx of people signing up for PE Facebook page

"Play me my song?"

It's just because Sean accepts invitations within a second or so.;-)

I'm guessing there's a lot of people who just mainly go to FB and have no interest in this site or websites in general. I think it's a big ego boost for a lot of people to say they have 500(or more) FB friends. The reality is that they maybe only hang out in person with five of them(if they are lucky).

When I was on FB I was on the PE FB page but kind of got tired of it just like I kind of got tired of this place(the reason I'm not on here much anymore or at least don't post much these days).

Quote Originally Posted by Hurm View Post
    It's just because Sean accepts invitations within a second or so.;-)
    You just had lucky timing.

Yeah .. I joined the PE FB page, hoping to get more of "this interest" in my Facebook feed (I have friends and "friends" in just about all of my other interests and facets of life there, but not for progressive music). And I ended up just leaving the group because I was tired of everything being self-promotion, and no real discussion or sharing or anything. Shrug.
    flute juice

We had higher hopes for it, somewhat. Just didn't turn out that way.

Yeah, I had to turn off the notifications because the last few weeks have been nothing but self-promotion. Maybe you need to have a picture or something that encourages people to check out this page.

Whats the purpose of a PE FB page?
    To talk people into joining us here?
    To have an extra forum? Then we can make one more on google+ ...

Had no idea there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Whats the purpose of a PE FB page?
    To talk people into joining us here?
    Yes, and for us to find each other over at FB. We were not looking for another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    Yeah .. I joined the PE FB page, hoping to get more of "this interest" in my Facebook feed (I have friends and "friends" in just about all of my other interests and facets of life there, but not for progressive music). And I ended up just leaving the group because I was tired of everything being self-promotion, and no real discussion or sharing or anything. Shrug.
    Check your PMs
    Regards,

Duncan

I probably over-stepped my bounds as former creator of that FB page but I booted someone out. She made two posts to promote some weight-loss site. I wasn't in a good mood from seeing all the wannabes spamming their bands anyway. I'll try to restrain myself in the future but it is crazy how many people are crowding on there. Looks like the majority are not US/Canada/UK. Maybe they feel their command of English isn't up to coming on the forum? But it does save us from a lot of band spam.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Don't worry about bouncing her she's likely a spambot
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I probably over-stepped my bounds as former creator of that FB page but I booted someone out. She made two posts to promote some weight-loss site. I wasn't in a good mood from seeing all the wannabes spamming their bands anyway. I'll try to restrain myself in the future but it is crazy how many people are crowding on there. Looks like the majority are not US/Canada/UK. Maybe they feel their command of English isn't up to coming on the forum? But it does save us from a lot of band spam.
    As creator of that group you should feel free to moderate (intelligently ) at will!
    Regards,

Duncan