Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOON SAFARI new album teaser - Intro for HIMLABACKEN VOL 1

Agreed, this teaser sounds way different than "Lover's End," but very cool nonetheless... more in the realm of heavy psychedelia.

I have honestly never come across a band like MS before. I get the impression that they can make great music in virtually any genre.

Well, almost...
    What if the Hokey Cokey really IS what it's all about?

I love their harmonies, but quite frankly, the volume levels are way too distorted. Vocal harmonies should have some breathing room. Maxing out all the signals produces a distorted mess. I think your performance deserves better sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Sweet! Sounds quite intriguing....

So Tobias, two quick questions: (1) Am I right in thinking that this new release is taking a slightly heavier direction (heavier for Moon Safari, that is), and (2) is this going to be a single CD or a double like Blomljud?
    It's true it's heavier in parts. Plus it's more on the proggy side than ”Lover's end” was. It's gonna be a single CD clocking in at around 60 minutes.

Thanks Tobias! Single CD, double CD, I welcome any and all new music from Moon Safari. I'm looking forward to a harmonious autumn. In the meantime, more teasers, please!

On another note, what's the story on the live DVD that was supposed to coincide with the audio CD of "The Gettysburg Address"? Is that back on the shelf, or are you planning to release it sometime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    On another note, what's the story on the live DVD that was supposed to coincide with the audio CD of "The Gettysburg Address"? Is that back on the shelf, or are you planning to release it sometime soon?
    We have so many things that we wanna do, but we're running our own company with everything that entails in terms of money and other more pressing matters. We've had some issues with a distributor that left us strapped for cash so I think I can say that the live DVD from Gettysburg is most definitely not gonna happen. But we're talking about recording a DVD next time we go to Japan.

Same thing with vinyl releases etc. It's all a question about time and money. Since we're all just doing this in our spare time, we don't have a lot of either.

Love that last clip. It's like discipline meets the Beatles meets...Moon Safari. Very intriguing! Want more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post

Well, almost...
    Believe me, they'd give it a go! :-)

At this time we would like to dedicate a big THANK YOU to Jonas Reingold for finishing the mix and master of "Himlabacken vol. 1" yesterday.

The tracklist is as follows:

1. Kids (2:07)
    2. Too young to say goodbye (06:28)
    3. Mega Moon (08.21)
    4. Barfly (04:47)
    5. Red White Blues (05:08)
    6. My Little Man (02:55)
    7. Diamonds (06:42)
    8. Sugar Band (09:33)

Street dates:

Japan Aug 21st
    Europe Sep 2nd
    North America Oct 1st (delayed because we missed our distributor deadline :/ )

Oh, and here's a trailer for the album as well:

Obviously, it's hard to tell from the short clips so apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but is "My Little Man" a Pontus song?

Old man of prog
    Wow...samples sound so good. Can't wait!

Jeebus in Heaven above, this sounds like another magical winner. And now I've got a whole month to avoid posts about this album on Progressive Ears, darnit!

Auto-buy!!!
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hamer View Post
    Obviously, it's hard to tell from the short clips so apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but is "My Little Man" a Pontus song?
    It is indeed!

I've run out of superlatives when it comes to what MS means to me. My favorite musical "thing" is close harmony (probably true for all who sang acapella doo-wop or were in a jazz choir in their youth).

Obviously as a genre, prog is my favorite music. NO ONE TODAY gives me nearly as much of both prog and celestial harmonies than MS.

Love it, drummer boy!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

1012653_10151660729859857_92534640_n.jpg

While you're waiting for the new album, sing a little with your friends!

Awesome!

I could try to do Simon's part and be admitted to the hospital right after that!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

FINALLY listened to the trailer - sounds like the excellence we've come to expect from this band.

Is that Mel Gibson, from Ransom, there at the end?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Agreed, this teaser sounds way different than "Lover's End," but very cool nonetheless... more in the realm of heavy psychedelia.
    Psychedelia? Meaning, not '70s prog?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    FINALLY listened to the trailer - sounds like the excellence we've come to expect from this band.

Is that Mel Gibson, from Ransom, there at the end?
    GIVE ME BACK MY SON. That is correct. Simon is... special.