Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Portnoy quits Adrenaline Mob, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Now that he's not in DT, he's a bit of a free agent. It sounds like there's just too much schedule over-lapping right now. No big deal, really.
    I can totally relate. I went from having a steady day job to becoming a freelancer. Sometimes you end up spreading yourself too thin, and you have to turn down work and focus on the ones that either pay the best, or that you enjoy the most. If you're lucky, the jobs you keep offer both.

I certainly wish MP the best.

Banned
    I just found out that A.J Pero from Twisted Sister is the band's new drummer. Furthermore, their new album, Men Of Honor, will be released internationally on February 24th(February 18th in the U.S).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Prostaglandin Mob

Adrenaline Mob and Pantera are only heavy when you compare them to, I don't know... Celine Dion, or Spinal Tap.
    Silly trucker/biker "heaviness".
    I hope MP finds an interesting project, regardless of the musical genre.

I think he's found several.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I think he's found several.
    Sorry, I meant a project I find interesting.

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    OK, can't resist weighing in here ...

I thought "Omerta" was pretty good, though not as interesting to me as Winery Dogs (which had several interesting twists on its genre formula that I felt were lacking on Adrenaline Mob's first album). I too am a big fan of Russell Allen ... but the pre-release track from their upcoming second album just doesn't do much for me; feels like a step backward from "Omerta." I'll reserve judgement on where this band is headed until I hear the entire album ... but ... well, what do YOU think ... ?

"I heard you took one in the FAAACCEE!" Honestly, the first 30 seconds of this just strike me as goofy. YMMV.

OK I retract my previous statement. This band is definitely not heavier than Celine Dion.

How many AMOB releases do we need before another Symphony X comes out? That's the only one I want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    How many AMOB releases do we need before another Symphony X comes out? That's the only one I want to hear.
    Yeah, no kidding! Are there any sites out there with info?

Quote Originally Posted by ProgPariah77 View Post
    "I heard you took one in the FAAACCEE!" Honestly, the first 30 seconds of this just strike me as goofy. YMMV.
    Yeesh. This is embarrassing. The misspelling of "you're" in the lyric video just adds an extra dollop of cherry-flavored idiocy to this lameness sundae.

I remember back in the eighties, a friend of mine described Deep Purple's "House of Blue Light" (inaccurately, in my view) as "40-year-old men pretending they're still living in their Mom's basement being a rebellious garage band." That description, however, fits THIS thing beautifully.