Thread: VESSELS, post rock

VESSELS, post rock

just to plug a new(ish) and exciting band! i saw these post-rockers from leeds for the 4th time yesterday and once more they delivered a monstrous wall of electronica-infused sound with a groove that was as tight as. first ran into them when they supported OCEANSiZE on what was to be their final tour in 2010 and i have been back ever since. they are the future. two albums, “white fields and open devices” (2009) and “helioscope” (2011) are available, as well as a few EPs.

vesselsband.com

if you miss OCEANSiZE as much as i do and if you also enjoy MOGWAi, BATTLES, CARDiACS etc. as well as some electronica, this is for you. give them a go.

I tried hard to get into them several times but they were not convincing... In my opinion, they lack cohesion. They seem to change styles (for the sake of it) between post-rock, math-rock or electronic mood, quicker than I can enjoy.

However, they have interesting ideas and they are far from a "dismiss case". I'll continue to lend an ear on them in the future.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Still haven't heard their first album yet but I thought Helioscope was one of the best albums of 2011.

Monotheistic Supernalist ProgPariah77's Avatar
    Picked up Helioscope, White Fields, and a collection of EP tracks and B-sides about a year ago, and I must say that their music has grown on me quite a bit. A fusion of prog and post-rock with ambient elements mixed in as well. Looking forward to hearing what they do next.

Also, I've found that the music of Tides from Nebula has a similar vibe - a bit more ambient, perhaps. Great stuff IMO.

I'm a big fan of their first album, but less so of their recent electronic offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Light View Post
    I'm a big fan of their first album, but less so of their recent electronic offerings.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings to. Helioscope was great, but I haven't really warmed to Dilate.

Dilate is their best stuff, when they pushed past the post rock. Amazing live act.