Thread: Happy birthday to Mother Gong !

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Coburn Gore, Maine, USA

Happy birthday to Mother Gong !

Born june 1, 1933.

We love you Gilli !

970042_481479851927538_945656365_n.jpg

http://www.gillismyth.com

Happy Birthday
    I really like the mother gong albums and hope the robot woman trilogy (there were 3, right?) will get a decent CD reissue sometime...
    My all time favourite GS / MotherGong album is Fairytales, but her 80s/90s albums are also great.
    I see there is even a new album out- anyone heard it?

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Coburn Gore, Maine, USA
    I only have The Owl and the Tree. Which one would you recommend ?

Mother

Gill Smyth is a very unique artist, no doubt! And such a sweet lady!

I love Mother Gong's Wild Child album. It strikes a great balance between the composed pieces and the improvised pieces. This is my favorite Mother Gong line-up. The Owl and the Tree, as mentioned, is also very good, although half of the abum is Daevid Allen compositions backed by Mother Gong musicians (but those are great pieces, too!). I am curious if anybody knows anything about Buddha's Birthday or Fish in the Sky, which I believe are Ottersongs tapes that were also recorded during the same time period. I've never seen or heard these releases! I think maybe some of the material ended up on Tree in Fish and The Owl and the Tree reissue?

Happy Birthday, hope she's doing well. Her latest album, Paradise, recorded with son Orlando, sounds like a good one....

https://flamedogrecords.com/products...e-gilli-smyth/
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"