Thread: Brainticket member joins Go-Go's!

Brainticket member joins Go-Go's!

Just thought this was weird enough to post here: Abby Travis, who was the featured female singer in Brainticket during their tour with Nektar/Huw Lloyd Langton, is touring with the Go-Go's as Kathy Valentine's replacement. Turns out she was also in the Bangles for a short time, so the woman gets around.

She was great with Brainticket !!

Yeah, she's an LA session woman. I;d say the Brainticket gig was far weirder than the Go-Gos/Bangles connections. But she was great, very great on that tour!

The rest of the band touring with Joel Vandrooogenbroeck as Brainticket were actually Len DelRio and Tommy Grenas, both were part of Nik Turner's Space Ritual of the mid 90s, and if memory serves, Nektar's bassist on that tour was from Chrome, Lux Vibratus.

All courtesy of Cleopatra Records.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

I hope she wears an outfit as weird as the one with Brainticket!

Jefferson James
    I've known Abby socially for years now; once at a small after-gig party at her place, she casually took off her clothes and hung out (so to speak) the rest of the night, naked. She is truly a sight to behold as well as being an incredible performer, musician, you name it.

I hope she gets over her shyness!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    I've known Abby socially for years now; once at a small after-gig party at her place, she casually took off her clothes and hung out (so to speak) the rest of the night, naked. She is truly a sight to behold as well as being an incredible performer, musician, you name it.
    Wow, I saw the same thing happen a year or so ago, except it was Gilli Smyth from Gong.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, I saw the same thing happen a year or so ago, except it was Gilli Smyth from Gong.
    Scary thought right there.

On the business side, a good friend of mine was assisting her with her career about 6 years ago. My friend had nothing but complaints about Abby and the way she went about things. I heard a few phone calls and I only said, "Glad I don't have to deal with her!" -- Six years ago, so hopefully things are better.

She ruined Brainticket for me.I could watch the video just once.And I do like sexy outfits.

I was hoping we'd get to hear 'We Got the Beat' with Dawn Muir on vocals....

In related news...uh-oh! Drama in Go-Go-Land!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Parece cosa de maligno. Los pianos no estallan por casualidad." --Gabriel Garcia Marquez

N.P.:nothing

Cmon, who didn't see this coming? Always knew in my gut there was a deep Brainticket/Go-Gos connection!

I always seem to miss those parties...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    In related news...uh-oh! Drama in Go-Go-Land!
    Looks like Belinda Carlisle has been seeing Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon. Yikes.

i was absolutely captivated with her and her brilliant performance with brainticket. couldn't take my eyes off the stage. and it turns out she's a great bass player too. congrats to her for landing another great gig, she deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    i was absolutely captivated with her and her brilliant performance with brainticket. couldn't take my eyes off the stage. and it turns out she's a great bass player too. congrats to her for landing another great gig, she deserves it.

Great.You was there to witness all.I respect your opinion.
    However.I have to bring second opininion on this one.Judging on you tube clips.I see band is great.The Vocalist is not weird,just embarrassing.She don't know the song and can't sing either.