Thread: Danny Elfman is 60 today

Danny Elfman is 60 today

That is all.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Happy birthday, Danny.

While I have great respect for all the soundtrack music he does these days, for the Simpsons TV show and movies too numerous to mention, my favorite Elfman music by far will always be Oingo Boingo.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    my favorite Elfman music by far will always be Oingo Boingo.
    Oingo Boingo was my ex's favorite band, and she ended up dragging me to their final concert, Halloween 1995 at the (then) Universal Amphitheater.

And I'm glad she did, it was a phenomenal concert. It wasn't as emotional an experience for me as it was for the hardcore fans who were seeing their favorite band play for the last time (and it really was the last time, there haven't been any reunions under the OB name that I know of), but it was still a terrific 4 hour orgy of music.

Of course, their final album "Boingo" is my personal favorite, and it also happens to be their "proggiest" album. A lot of the older fans hate it, like my ex does, she preferred the earlier, bouncier stuff to the weird, turgid, orchestral stuff of "Boingo".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I can never forgive him for how freakish he looked during the Oingo Boingo years.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    and she ended up dragging me to their final concert, Halloween 1995 at the (then) Universal Amphitheater.
    You suck! I would have loved to have been at that show!
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSolution View Post
    Oingo Boingo was my ex's favorite band, and she ended up dragging me to their final concert, Halloween 1995 at the (then) Universal Amphitheater.

And I'm glad she did, it was a phenomenal concert. It wasn't as emotional an experience for me as it was for the hardcore fans who were seeing their favorite band play for the last time (and it really was the last time, there haven't been any reunions under the OB name that I know of), but it was still a terrific 4 hour orgy of music.

Of course, their final album "Boingo" is my personal favorite, and it also happens to be their "proggiest" album. A lot of the older fans hate it, like my ex does, she preferred the earlier, bouncier stuff to the weird, turgid, orchestral stuff of "Boingo".
    I didn't go to the concert, but the CD of it is great. In agreement over Boingo too — awesome album.