Thread: Disney buys Lucas

Disney buys Lucas

What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are they running over there?

George looks a little underwhelmed
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

This dates me, I know, but I don't care. Even his shotgun?

Last edited by davis; 11-05-2012 at 05:03 PM.

One good thing about the sale of Lucas to Disney is that he will donate 4 billion dollars from the sale to a foundation focused on education.

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    One good thing about the sale of Lucas to Disney is that he will donate 4 billion dollars from the sale to a foundation focused on education.
    Yep, and another is he's not going to direct or write any more Star Wars!

Shit just got real: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/...pisode-vii/#/0

My preferences would have been Edgar Wright, Del Toro, or Alfonso Cuarón. But if the script is great, and he keeps the lens flares to a minimum, it.could.work.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Shit just got real: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/...pisode-vii/#/0

My preferences would have been Edgar Wright, Del Toro, or Alfonso Cuarón. But if the script is great, and he keeps the lens flares to a minimum, it.could.work.
    JJ Abrams at the helm? Well, I'm willing to go into it with an open mind. Almost anything that JJ touches turns to gold. And I think he'll do well to honor the franchise and help it move forward.

I'm okay with Abrams. I just don't want Lucas involved.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I understand that the guy writing the script is Michael Arndt, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of “Little Miss Sunshine” and “Toy Story 3.” Now that is something I can get behind.

So Star Wars VII will be Toy Story IV. Figures.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

But- but- the same man controlling Star Trek and Star War? Disturbing, this is.

As long as Abrams doesn't get it into his head to do a film with ST and SW together. That wouldn't be good for either franchise. Hopefully, Disney and Paramount would keep them separate. Somewhere someone is already writing that script.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Start Trek would kill Start Wars butt. I mean the weapons are greater (phasers and photon torpedo's vs lasers) the ships are faster, the technology is just so superior that it would be no contest.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

There was a big debate a few years ago somewhere in the nerd universe over the Death Star vs. the Enterprise. Once you bring in the photon torpedoes from STNG, it's pretty much over in minutes. Picard could park a few light years away, scan the ship, Data would plot where to put the torpedo, and "make it so." Then the Captain goes to his quarters for a cup of tea and a blowjob from Dr. Crusher.

Banned
    At Least Big Bang Theory has enough material for a seventh season.